Shuttlecock XXI: Choking the Listeners With Our Good Time Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well .... I do believe someone quoted the picture with :drool: after it. I'm a little concerned for that person's health as well.

On the plus side, he looks really good in all the other pictures posted today.

nice avatar there elfa.

I caught 15 minutes of an Arrested Development episode before bed last night. First time watchin' it.

Can I borrow a mallet for September 16? I promise to bring it back without too much blood on it.

I suppose, but I'd like to know whose brains are bashed.

always thinking ahead, I like it. Have you read the Zombie Survival Handbook?

Yes. I've alluded to it in the book thread, but it seems like every other book I read is some sort of horror thing, and 90% of the time it's probably zombie related. Sorta always reading silly stuff like that lately, probably why it's taking me months to get through No Country For Old Men.... Just never in the mood.

World War Z by the same author (Max Brooks, Mel Brooks' son, former SNL writer) is a far better book than the survival guide, if you haven't read that already.

:love:
Hey kids. I nearly spit my coffee out when I came across this verse in this review of a book of poetry and it's the first sort of interesting thing I've had to share with you all in awhile:

I was living there with a girl who loved to say the word
shuttlecock. She would call
me at work and whisper shuttlecock
into my ear which loved it! The blastoff
of the first word sending the penis into space.
Not that I ever imagined
my cock being a spaceship,
though sometimes men are like astronauts, orbiting
the hot planets of women,
amazed that they have traveled so far, wanting
to land, wanting to document the first walk,
the first moan,
but never truly understanding what
has moved them.

reviews: All-American Poem by Matthew Dickman

Hey kids. I nearly spit my coffee out when I came across this verse in this review of a book of poetry and it's the first sort of interesting thing I've had to share with you all in awhile:

Not that I ever imagined
the first moan,
has moved them.

reviews: All-American Poem by Matthew Dickman

What makes this even better is the poet's last name.

Yes. I've alluded to it in the book thread, but it seems like every other book I read is some sort of horror thing, and 90% of the time it's probably zombie related. Sorta always reading silly stuff like that lately, probably why it's taking me months to get through No Country For Old Men.... Just never in the mood.

World War Z by the same author (Max Brooks, Mel Brooks' son, former SNL writer) is a far better book than the survival guide, if you haven't read that already.

World War Z was indeed awesome :up:

My wife and I are always making contingency plans for various plague/Zombie Apocalypse scenarios :up:

I loved that book - and I didn't know that he was Mel's son! Or that he was an SNL writer.

Not that I ever imagined
the first moan,
has moved them.

That is truly awesome.

I loved that book - and I didn't know that he was Mel's son! Or that he was an SNL writer.

I'm pretty excited for the movie, hopefully it doesn't suck.

Apparently he's working on some sort of graphic novel / comic thing now that somehow ties into the survival guide and WWZ in some way.

Speaking of Chicago ... GAF, have you tried looking for GA tickets for Chicago yet? Any luck?

I have looked, but not very thoroughly. I just checked Stubhub a couple weeks ago and they had a pair of GAs for somethin like 80 bucks a piece. I don't really know what I'm doing at all and I'll probably end up procrastinating even more. Don't know if I should go for GA for the 12th or the 13th. Or both. I'm almost wondering if I should not worry about it and just stick with the two nosebleed seats that I actually purchased for the 13th because the view of the super cool Crab might be better from up there? But I also want to do the whole GA thing. I don't know. Oh, what a tangled web we weave when we attempt to purchase U2 tickets and do not succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom