Shuttlecock XXI: Choking the Listeners With Our Good Time Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'd be all over a U2 shirt that has a line from Breathe written on it, but as a woman, I do not wish to wear a shirt where the main focus is the word "LOOSE."

I don't want to appear to have questionable morals; Bono will never pull a woman with questionable morals up on stage to dance.

It had better be loose, because if it's lose, they're promoting the concept of losing electricity, which makes them big fat hypocrites with their ginormous carbon footprint.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

That sounds about right.

Man, I so do not want to do anything tonight. People I know from work are putting on a concert, and I'd been planning on going, but I woke up with a migraine and so have been tired all day. I do not feel like dragging my butt down there just to "put in an appearance". Maybe if there weren't a ball game going on tonight in the same area, I'd feel more up to it, but getting down there and parking down there are going to be a bitch.

I feel bad for bailing when I told some of my friends I would go, but I don't think anyone's going to be all butthurt if I don't go. I was feeling bad, but then realized I should just get over myself, that my presence is not needed all that much.

Bleah. I hate feeling like I should go to something. Knowing me, I'll probably feel guilty about it all weekend and no one will probably even care that I didn't go.

I know that feeling. Last time it happened, I missed my friend's Art Showing, oh Jesus, I still feel like she silently hates me for not going.

But she's kinda crazy, so don't let that pressure you into going or anything :uhoh:. Honestly, if you don't feel good, you don't feel good, and no one should hold that against you.

No one there is a very close friend, but I've sung with them before and I'm afraid that some of them might think "Oh, if she's not singing in the concert, she doesn't care" which isn't the case.

... it's entirely possible I care too much what other people think of me sometimes. :)

It's an early show, starting at 6 (there are, like, 10 bands or something, and it's only $5) so I'm mulling over bussing it down there early, hanging for a while, and catching a bus home after a few hours, which still makes it an early night.

Eh, we'll see what I actually do in about an hour.

I'm sorry I went. :lol:

It was nice to see my friends there - it was a good turn-out. But the bus ride there was so freaking irritating, and on the way home I did not feel well at all. Super hot and super thirsty. Yucko.

Oh well.

Guess who won a $90 croquet set at his company party tonight.....

Also guess who doesn't have a yard in which to play croquet....

I've got to say, as cool as it is being able to surf the net from an rv in the middle of nowhere, Wyoming, it's kind of frustrating on an iPhone.

:whinge:

though I'll be in the tetons and then yellowstone in the coming days, so that makes up for it.

So, what'd I miss?

A suspension, more setlist bitching, some whiny waffling from me in this thread, and my continued resistance to listening to any bootlegs. Yet.

And, I believe, Bono is still okay.

:)

I've got to say, as cool as it is being able to surf the net from an rv in the middle of nowhere, Wyoming, it's kind of frustrating on an iPhone.

:whinge:

though I'll be in the tetons and then yellowstone in the coming days, so that makes up for it.

Wyoming and Idaho make Utah look like a thriving metropolis, but Yellowstone is freaking awesome and definitely worth the trip. Hope you have a good one, don't hit any bison with your car. :wink:

Yellowstone is amazing - I want to go back and spend more time there. I'd even consider camping to see more of it. I only saw it once when I drove through it on a road trip.

Diemen, have you been to Glacier National Park? That's another one on my list.

Rocky Mountain National Park is the only big national park I've visited, and the 3 days I spent there were some of the most memorable of my life. Just gorgeous.

Hey, you stole my joke.

And I am in complete agreement with you that they need to toss a little bit of UTEOTW into the set list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom