Shuttlecock XXI: Choking the Listeners With Our Good Time Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
newman-seinfeld-post-office.jpg

If you controll the mail you controll INFORMATION!

I'll bite, though I'm not allowed to have alcohol until Monday due to the painkillers, or, alternatively, until January 2012 because of the United States legal system, so it'll be an unbalanced exchange.

Ha! I'm not really drunk, now I just have some residual no-pain-ness and dry mouth from wine.

How is the aftermath of the wisdom teeth removal, anyway? Was it as bad as you'd thought it would be?

I had a delicious glass of sangria at a local place, while reading my book, then went to have some delicious sushi, read my book, then popped into a local tiny wine bar down the street I'd been meaning to investigate. Had a glass of wine, talked with the owner and another guy who was nice, although it reached the point of being beyond polite conversation to the point where I really don't want to hear him talk anymore, but now it's gone too far and I can't just politely dismiss him by wanting to read instead. On Sundays they have a vinyl night, where people bring in their albums to play, so I want to pop in again to check that out.

But hey, I got to be social. I talked to strangers, so broke my streak of being all solitary and non-conversational. Well done, me.

And in actual U2 talk, I'm still debating whether I want to pop my 360 cherry by listening to this supposedly-stellar Milan recording, or keep holding out on actually hearing a bootleg.

Ha! I'm not really drunk, now I just have some residual no-pain-ness and dry mouth from wine.

How is the aftermath of the wisdom teeth removal, anyway? Was it as bad as you'd thought it would be?

I had a delicious glass of sangria at a local place, while reading my book, then went to have some delicious sushi, read my book, then popped into a local tiny wine bar down the street I'd been meaning to investigate. Had a glass of wine, talked with the owner and another guy who was nice, although it reached the point of being beyond polite conversation to the point where I really don't want to hear him talk anymore, but now it's gone too far and I can't just politely dismiss him by wanting to read instead. On Sundays they have a vinyl night, where people bring in their albums to play, so I want to pop in again to check that out.

But hey, I got to be social. I talked to strangers, so broke my streak of being all solitary and non-conversational. Well done, me.

And in actual U2 talk, I'm still debating whether I want to pop my 360 cherry by listening to this supposedly-stellar Milan recording, or keep holding out on actually hearing a bootleg.

The good: it hasn't been as painful as I'd heard it was supposed to be and the anesthesia wore off within like an hour of me waking up from the surgery, so I was completely coherent almost immediately. And there was no bleeding after the first couple of hours.

The bad: the swelling has been pretty bad (according to my mother "not that bad" but what does she know), to the point where I haven't been able to talk well, fit much food into my mouth, or go anywhere. I went to my brother's baseball game this evening, which was the first thing I'd done outside the house since Monday morning.

I'm going to work tomorrow since I'm perfectly functional, and I have a couple of grad parties to attend over the weekend. I'm hoping by then to look and sound normal again.

I think less pain is always a good thing, despite the swelling. Your experience sounds fairly similar to mine. :)

I need some water ...

DOOOO ITTTT!!!

You've already broken down and seen the setlists, I can't see how not hearing them at this point is going to save you from surprises when you see them...

I heard Moment of Surrender at the grocery store yesterday. I did not notice any passersby why listening to it.

My "good mood because of music" ended quickly though, as it was followed by Jason Mraz. :angry:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom