Shuttlecock XX: ((Show Spoiler))

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo, I went yet another weekend without listening to any music (aside from the radio in y car). Actually, I went 3 days as I apparently didn't listen to any on Friday either. :huh:

I was thinking about it over the weekend, and I still haven't listened to any of the remasters yet. I seem to always just gravitate towards the bonus discs, I need to force myself to listen to them sometime soon.

On the juicing front, I lost 3 lbs last week with no other differences to my normal work out routine.

Sooo, I went yet another weekend without listening to any music (aside from the radio in y car). Actually, I went 3 days as I apparently didn't listen to any on Friday either. :huh:

I was thinking about it over the weekend, and I still haven't listened to any of the remasters yet. I seem to always just gravitate towards the bonus discs, I need to force myself to listen to them sometime soon.

On the juicing front, I lost 3 lbs last week with no other differences to my normal work out routine.

Podcast it out. That's what I've learned to do when I don't feel like listening to music in my car or anything.

are you talking about the SC remasters? JT sounds the best but for me Cocktober was quite a revelation...

You can actually hear the beginning of "Cockmorrow" now.

Despite my massive loss of faith and interest in religion, I still really like a lot of the blatantly Christian songs on October like Rejoice, With A Shout, and I Fall Down.

:up: I seem to have leveled off - neither losing nor gaining. All I've had today so far is juice and one raw snack. I'm so full I feel like I pigged out or something. It's crayzay.

:up: I seem to have leveled off - neither losing nor gaining. All I've had today so far is juice and one raw snack. I'm so full I feel like I pigged out or something. It's crayzay.

I didn't realize when recipes called for "a small amount of ginger" how small they actually meant. I nearly threw up last night after one sip of a massively ginger and garlic flavored juice I ruined. Instead I threw in more apples and carrots. It tasted better, but burned going down. I had the worst garlic breath of my life for the rest of the night. :laugh:

The live version of Kite from the Window in the Skies single is good except for Boner's name dropping.

I didn't realize when recipes called for "a small amount of ginger" how small they actually meant. I nearly threw up last night after one sip of a massively ginger and garlic flavored juice I ruined. Instead I threw in more apples and carrots. It tasted better, but burned going down. I had the worst garlic breath of my life for the rest of the night. :laugh:

The live version of Kite from the Window in the Skies single is good except for Boner's name dropping.

It might have been more the garlic than the ginger. I use 2-3 inches for one big glass. It's really good for digestion ... but perhaps it's an acquired taste. I guess I've been cooking with it for so long I don't even notice anymore. Just like cayenne pepper - I'm sort of impervious to it. You used actual ginger root and not ginger powder, right?

Boner's name-dropping is worse than mine.

Yeah, ginger root. It could have been the garlic, as that's all I tasted afterwards. Having lived in Japan, I've had more than my fair share of ginger, I've just never had it straight from the root. I'll have to try just ginger in something sometime soon for comparison.

Yeah, ginger root. It could have been the garlic, as that's all I tasted afterwards. Having lived in Japan, I've had more than my fair share of ginger, I've just never had it straight from the root. I'll have to try just ginger in something sometime soon for comparison.

Having lived in China, I had my fair share of ginger root. I just love shaving some root slices, adding it to some hot water, maybe a sprinkle of sugar or honey and, voila!, ginger tea.

GA policy posted - first come, first serve, no lottery. Inner circle will be filled first. Sounds just like Elevation. My guess is that'll be the same for the US tour as well, huh? Maybe it's too hard to manage with a stadium?

It's probably for the best. There's going to be drama llamas no matter which way it's done, so at least this way you'll know, you know?

It's probably for the best. There's going to be drama llamas no matter which way it's done, so at least this way you'll know, you know?

Regardless of how it turns out, let's stage a sit-in in the inner circle -- just for fun and good times.

pretty picture :drool:

Unforgettable Fire, from eastlink
96059296.jpg

The "dress rehearsal" setlist that they pulled out today (yes, i know it will shift and change around a lot throughout the tour) is pretty weak in my opinion. Relatively, of course. The band will bring it no matter what they play. But, as people have been saying, the return of The Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet saves it from being about as uninventive and bland a U2 setlist as you could possibly imagine.

All that negativity aside...those photos and videos of the fucking crab all lit up are absolutely stunning and they've got me very excited. If for the visual spectacle alone.

I actually think the setlist is pretty decent, considering it's all been rehearsals so far. I don't know what band people are talking about when they go on about wanting more variety, they have followed the standard setlist rule since what? Lovetown? You get 6-8 new songs, 10-12 standards, 4-6 "rare" songs usually and so far they are pretty much following that...

And I don't know how many times I have repeat myself but complaining about setlists is well and good when you are sitting in front of a computer screen or listening to 100s of bootlegs but when you are there live I don't care who you are and I don't care how many times you have listened to said bootlegs - I guarantee you it does not matter at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom