Shuttlecock XX: ((Show Spoiler))

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll just have to go on thinking you're a mystery. :)

.... aaaand five minutes later, I finally got it - tongue in cheek. I thought you were sending me a message of another kind. *cough* :shifty:

And to think I almost told you to get bent before I thought of another comeback. Sorry, man.

Jesus, I need a vacation. I'm going to try again and take a tiny break from this darned place. I obviously failed at my first attempt, but if at first you don't succeed ....

I can't say I didn't recognize that image's ambiguity before I posted it. But I sort of liked it even more for that.

:wink:

"videos" of several of the tracks being rehearsed, they have:
Moment, a sped up version of Crazy, Drowning Man, Unknown Caller, Ultraviolet and an acoustic version of Mysterious Ways so far...

ETA: and Unforgettable Fire :drool:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f304/videos-from-saturday-night-mos-and-others-198656.html

Drowning Man is also the "1 day to go" clip on U2.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xx3FWbyNYA

http://www.u2.com/news/title/21-days#

They sound pretty good if you ask me...

All the more reason to try to see a show near the beginning of the tour, because knowing U2, eventually they will revert back to the old standards once they don't get the reaction from these songs that they would from the others, a la An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart.

It just feels like it's distinctly lacking rockers, and the acoustic possibilities don't help that case.

That said, The Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet are two very exciting prospects.

It just feels like it's distinctly lacking rockers, and the acoustic possibilities don't help that case.

That said, The Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet are two very exciting prospects.

Am I the only person who doesn't mind an acoustic set? The rockers are a little light so far, I agree but all in all if this holds up the set lists have been different enough to keep me interested.

I need to try to be on this site less, period. Trying to avoid spoilers coupled with my annoying tendencies to get too wrapped up in stupid bullshit are compelling reasons.

But I want to keep the REM survivor going, so I'm going to attempt to spend less time here. Which has been hard, since I've been having a lot of down time at work.

Arrrrrrrrgh.

So if you see me less, that's why. I still love you all. :kiss:

Am I the only person who doesn't mind an acoustic set? The rockers are a little light so far, I agree but all in all if this holds up the set lists have been different enough to keep me interested.

I hate it because it's a complete waste. Every single U2 song is better full band, with the exception of Stuck in a Moment. And I'd rather just not hear that song at all, so the acoustic set is a waste of what could be a lot more.

I hate it because it's a complete waste. Every single U2 song is better full band, with the exception of Stuck in a Moment. And I'd rather just not hear that song at all, so the acoustic set is a waste of what could be a lot more.

fair enough, I actually think a lot of their acoustic versions are pretty good if not better, Yahweh definitely comes to mind. I personally would rather have them do an acoustic version of MW for example over sitting through the eleventy billionth full band version of Pride or SBS or whatever but that's just me...

I'm not crazy about acoustic sets in general, but I feel even less happy about them in a stadium setting. It's a stadium, damn it. Rock the eff out. :grumpy:

fair enough, I actually think a lot of their acoustic versions are pretty good if not better, Yahweh definitely comes to mind. I personally would rather have them do an acoustic version of MW for example over sitting through the eleventy billionth full band version of Pride or SBS or whatever but that's just me...

You got me on Yahweh. That's two.

I don't mean I'd prefer Pride. I mean I'd prefer they played full band MW to acoustic. I mean, if you're gonna play the song, PLAY it. That's what I mean.

I have no problems with acoustic sets. I guess I've never really thought of U2 as really "rocking out" all that much any way, so whateva.

I haven't been posting much about the practice videos or whatever, as I'm not interested in watching them practice a song in front of no one. Even in my height of U2 worship, I wouldn't have been wanting to see that kind of thing. :shrug:

I have no problems with acoustic sets. I guess I've never really thought of U2 as really "rocking out" all that much any way, so whateva.

I haven't been posting much about the practice videos or whatever, as I'm not interested in watching them practice a song in front of no one. Even in my height of U2 worship, I wouldn't have been wanting to see that kind of thing. :shrug:

watch from 2:59-3:56 of that video I just posted you miserable bastard! There is no practicing going on it just shows you what the claw is going to look like in action.

Also, post here when you have a moment:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f207/io-i-hate-nsw-right-now-198659.html

Ditto all that. I actually never liked Staring at the Sun until I was in the heart and they played it during the acoustic seat. Mostly it's just an excuse to get the whole band onto the B-stage for a closer look anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom