Shuttlecock! XIX: Servers of the Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Tamari instead. It's wheat-free soy sauce. :up:

Wait, maybe that's not accurate. In any case, you can get wheat-free Tamari.

Well, like you said - maybe I can just hold off through allergy season. Normally, it's not an issue at all.

Sometimes I get stuffed up when I have a glass of wine, sometimes with any sort of alcohol. Other times, I can drink anything and still breathe through my nose. I don't remember ever having any sorts of issues with food prior to this past month or so, though.

Ugh. Trying to be healthy is exhausting, yo.

:lol:

We netflixed it because we liked it when we were kids. Nostalgia is our friend. And it's just a funny show nowadays.

Are there any specific moments during the show where you take pictures of it on your cell phone? That's the true sign if Martha likes a television show or not.

The idea of having some sort of wheat-free soy sauce has grossed me out this morning and I'm not entirely sure why.

I haven't been able to stop listening to Mogwai since the concert.

I'm seeing Flight of the Conchords tomorrow.

I still haven't watched the Magnificent video.

Are there any specific moments during the show where you take pictures of it on your cell phone? That's the true sign if Martha likes a television show or not.

I almost said something similar. :D

The idea of having some sort of wheat-free soy sauce has grossed me out this morning and I'm not entirely sure why.

It tastes exactly the same. Exactly. Except better.

Good evening Shuttlecocksters! How is everyone doing? I'm on cloud nine. Scratch that, I'd have to look down to see cloud nine. That's how wonderful today is.

I had a very good day. First of all, it's a gorgeous summery weekend.

Took a walk this morning, which started off a day of mostly clear sinuses. WHOOT!

Had my "re-audition" with my choir director, but he said he was pretty sure he should have told me not to come, that he didn't need to hear me. But I went through the tasks anyway, and my sight-reading was better than I thought it would be.

Then I went and shopped, shopped, shopped. The economy has been well stimulated. I wish I didn't have to go sing at this twiddly little concert tonight, but the good bit is that we don't have to show up until right before we sing, so it's not eating up my whole night. :up:

I looooooooooove to sing. Beware if you ever hand me a microphone - you'll probably never get it back.

I sing in a choir singing all that choir stuff, and I've sung with some friends in some makeshift bands with people from work ... of which there may or may not be YouTube video of. :shifty:

I'm also a total ham at karaoke, which I guess no one would be surprised to learn.

You'll get to hear my debut pop album when I lose 15 years in age, lose 15 shades of hair color, and the 15 pounds that would all be required to be a pop singer in 2009. ;)

Well, damn. I'm tryin to hit the ground runnin with Shuttlecock! The Band. We need to record our debut album. For real.

I fancy myself a decent guitar player/songwriter. I'm thinking Cori, Martha, Joyfulgirl can be the face of the band...kind of a triple threat lead singer kinda deal. You don't see very many bands with three lead singers.

And for some reason I have a feeling that U2popnotscumbobutactuallymofo will be our lead guitarist. Melting faces with his 10 minute electronic guitar interludes. Diemen is a damn good bass player, I know this for a fact.

And elfa is obviously the drummer. And everyone else is in the band too, doing whatever they want to do.

So, it seems, nothing is standing in our way. We just need a little direction and a little bit of motivation. If we get this album recorded over the summer we can hand out our demo tapes at the Shuttlecock shows in September in Chicago.

Ha!

I saw the news about the earthquake last night, martha. Was it pretty strong where you were? Or just another little rumble where you all in California just pause in mild surprise, and then shrug your shoulders and carry on with your day?

I just heard there was a bear in my neighborhood in the middle of the night. They've been tracking it, and it was wandering around about 2 blocks from my apartment before moving elsewhere.

You hear about bears lurking in backyards in the cities near the mountains, but in Seattle itself? Near the water? Not so much.

:yikes:

He was probably looking for the groom.

article-1174259-04B03527000005DC-897_634x478.jpg

Meet Brutus, the 800lb grizzly bear who likes to eat his meals at the dinner table | Mail Online

Nice sig, Lila. That was a great come back sketch.

I went to some random classic guitarist concert on Saturday night, it was surprisingly enjoyable. Went to Flight of the Conchords last night which was hilarious (not surprisingly).

I only find Flight of the Conchords to be mildly amusing and think the songs themselves are less funny than the rest of the show.

This may be a minority opinion.

There are a handful of their songs I thought were absolutely hilarious from the first moment I heard them, but I've noticed with a lot of them that it seems to take 2 or 3 times hearing it before I really start to think they're funny. I'd say lot of the songs in the second season have been a bit weak, but I usually thought the songs were some of the best moments in the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom