Shuttlecock! XIX: Servers of the Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So for those of you who aren't a) following other threads on the topic; or b) watching American Idol...

Front-runner Adam sang "One." It started off really lovely, very subtle. And then he started his screeching thing and pretty much ruined the bejeezus out of it.

I like the guy, he should win, and likely will win, but holy shit, that was terrible.

So for those of you who aren't a) following other threads on the topic; or b) watching American Idol...

Front-runner Adam sang "One." It started off really lovely, very subtle. And then he started his screeching thing and pretty much ruined the bejeezus out of it.

I like the guy, he should win, and likely will win, but holy shit, that was terrible.

I agree. My friend I watched it with, however, got goosebumps and went crazy over it. I've never been a big fan of that kind of rock screeching but yeah, he should still win.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up there... as much slack as it gets around here, One in "most" of it's many, many.... MANY incarnations is a beautiful song. It has suffered a lot from complete oversaturation on TV and Radio and the live versions continue to pale on each subsequent tour but when the original studio version comes up on the 'pod, I still hear one of the first songs to really make me the U2 fan that I am today...

It will go down as a timeless classic, definitely, and I don't skip it when I'm listening to Achtung Baby, but it has indeed become oversaturated, which has, to me, affected my overall judgement of the song.

I don't hate it, though. I was just trying to be funny. It probably would have worked better if my name was Axver.

trailerrockn.gif

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up there... as much slack as it gets around here, One in "most" of it's many, many.... MANY incarnations is a beautiful song. It has suffered a lot from complete oversaturation on TV and Radio and the live versions continue to pale on each subsequent tour but when the original studio version comes up on the 'pod, I still hear one of the first songs to really make me the U2 fan that I am today...

I had to read this 3 times as I thought you were saying it suffered over-saturation from TV on the Radio as my brain would only allow me to think of anything but them when I saw both "TV" and "Radio" so close together in a sentence.

I was listening to TV On the Radio just this morning but I didn't go where you guys went with this.

I finally just got my re-issued Chicago2 ticket delivered to the office. Just in case you were all worrying, you can stop worrying now. Please, just stop. :wink:

Anybody seen their LV tickets yet?

I saw that... All the veiled shuttlecock references are getting kind of tired though. If people want to discuss U2 they should either come in here or go to EYKIW...

I thought The Disappeared had decided to continue the S'cock talk over there instead of here? I don't know. I'm just in there to defend a band I love. Otherwise, I hardly ever go in there. I don't know why exactly - I've just always preferred the specific music threads over the random music threads.

fair enough, seems kind of silly to me is all, like it's not cool to post here anymore because it got moved to a chat/games sub-forum. That doesn’t seem like a good enough excuse if you ask me... Feel free to respond to this in the other thread.

Scumbo, if you are out there, what set off that Wilco rant anyhow?

I'm finally at the point where I'm losing touch with what's going on with mainstream radio these days. It seems like for the most part, it's hip hop/pop stuff with little room for anything remotely rock and roll unless it's crap like Nickelback or those other soundalike bands.

There's one station in Seattle that used to play more along the pop/rock lines, but now I swear it's all this shit that sounds like Nickelback with the occasional pop song thrown in.

I'm really kind of hoping that U2 doesn't care that there aren't big hits so far. That's my theory as to why they appear to have dropped so many balls with promotion and singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom