Shuttlecock XIX - send $40 now for your opportunity to not get a presale code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also was/is there any love for Go Crazy Tonight, it kinda was almost guilty pleasure of mine... :shrug:

I can't remember where I got it...maybe U22? But I love the live remix of Crazy Tonight with the Frankie Goes to Hollywood snippets at the end. No guilt. I love it.

I'll also go to bat for Magnificent. It always reminds me of that epic World Cup commercial. The intro of that song is strong.

Unknown Caller's lyrics are weak, but I'm still a fan of the song.

I can't remember where I got it...maybe U22? But I love the live remix of Crazy Tonight with the Frankie Goes to Hollywood snippets at the end. No guilt. I love it.

I'll also go to bat for Magnificent. It always reminds me of that epic World Cup commercial. The intro of that song is strong.

Unknown Caller's lyrics are weak, but I'm still a fan of the song.
Wasn't it on wide awake in Europe?

White As Snow is gorgeous. I WILL FIGHT YOU.

I think the Two Tribes snippet w/ Crazy Tonight was on the EP. I think it was a different version on U22 (maybe the Discotheque snippet?).

White As Snow is one of the best tracks on NLOTH.

And Crazy Tonight shouldn't be lumped with the songs around it. I know many here love to crap on it, but it's an inoffensive pop song and it feels more natural and unforced than, say, Best Thing or Song for Someone (even if it doesn't fully get there).

The true "shit three" of NLOTH is Boots, Stand Up Comedy, and Unknown Caller. I've even soured on the musical aspects of Unknown Caller. Where the hell is that solo going? The intro wants to be The Three Sunrises and fails. And yeah, then there's the chorus, an all-time clunker in a catalogue that has a reasonable share of clunkers. Like "refu-jesus", it's one of those moments where I can't believe nobody stopped Bono.

I looked it up, and I have the Artificial Horizon version. Looks like it was also on Wide Awake in Europe.

From an interview in the Sunday Times:

About Songs of Experience, Edge says “simplicity is where music is at” now, and offers Rihanna’s sparse Anti album as inspiration.

:drool:

Hey, that was my second favourite album last year! Would be great to see them go in a similar direction. And always good to see someone with similar opinions as mine.

Hey, that was my second favourite album last year! Would be great to see them go in a similar direction. And always good to see someone with similar opinions as mine.

Christgau, it's good to see you here. I respect your work. You ever listen to that Sex Church record, you bitch?

So.. Bono won't be asking Steven Wilson to remaster Pop then? :shifty: A bit like the classic " very good is the enemy of great" guff and the new one about the "US being an idea and not just a country"... equally his "I hate prog" comments are beyond lame, especially for a band that used a slightly ridiculous stage show (360) that I imagine, Rick Wakeman probably had wet dreams over, while reminding us in the same breath about their "poonk rawwk" birth.

i just saw a post in the other place that turned volcano into an acronym ("v") and nearly threw my phone across the street. :crack:

I can sympathize with a lot of different arguments about U2, but there is no possible world where Magnificent is worse than Crazy Tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom