Shuttlecock XIX - send $40 now for your opportunity to not get a presale code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, true, $330 for the upper deck really is extreme.

I'm sure the biggest markets like NYC will get extra shows, but this doesn't give me optimism that all those gaps left for extra shows (every city with three empty days after it, i.e. most of them) will be filled.

It was a shitty joke.

It was an incredibly shitty joke.

I don’t care how much disdain you have for “the other place” or particular posters there, but being someone who calls that place “the other place” does NOT give you a pass to freely insult, harass and troll people there or anywhere else on this forum.

Laz was given a timeout, not a permaban.

And wow I can't believe the ticketing mess. Only one extra show so far, Montreal. No extras yet in NYC, Chicago, Boston, wow. This must be the slowest U2 sales in a long time.

I was thinking about this on the 90 minute drive to go the 30 miles from my house (my house) to the LCD Soundsystem show tonight.

Good luck adding a second show, much less four more when the first show will take days to sell out and the fans have a "fuck U2" attitude after today.

The verified fan thing seemed to work just fine for these LCD Soundsystem shows, but they didn't have a paid fan presale.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

can you please link me, I do not fancy wading through a million posts

He called redhill a pedophile. There was an extra layer of humor to it, I guess, but that's pretty much the extent of the situation.

A well-earned timeout.

Actually, no.

I give redhill a lot of credit. He took a lot of shit (he brought a lot of it on himself, but it was a LOT of repeated pile-on), but came back with what seems like a new attitude and trying to just go with the flow now.

Actually, no.

I give redhill a lot of credit. He took a lot of shit (he brought a lot of it on himself, but it was a LOT of repeated pile-on), but came back with what seems like a new attitude and trying to just go with the flow now.
100%. redhill had a rough start with some of the regulars but I admire that he had the wherewithal to stick it out and stick to his opinions and push back a bit. now it seems as if he's one of the regulars himself and makes some great thoughtful posts. i definitely respect that :up:

Yeah, I’m glad we are getting new members. However, a few are trolling pretty hard. Hopefully they’ll turnaround.

I didn't expect there to be, the GA area is not large on this tour and usually is already sold out by the time it gets to the general because of all the fan club shit.
The previous version of this tour I was pissed because I easily pulled GAs in the general sale after finally subscribing to the fan club for the first time. But there were also 5 LA shows...

Actually, no.

I agree that he has a much better attitude than before, but his overuse of Youtube videos is pretty Out of Control (see what I did there?) and not particularly funny or topical most of the time. And that's apparently what started the laz confrontation.
So I don't condone what laz did per se, but I kind of get the why.

Someone posting too many YT videos and not being clever in your eyes is not a reason to belabor a pedophile joke that was already tried and failed in another thread.

Know your audience, man. Don't jab people you don't have a joking relationship with, especially about something like that.

I don't have an opinion on his suspension.

That came out bitchier than it was meant.

Maybe. I haven't finished my coffee yet and it's still really dark, so I can't tell.

of course he's coming back. his name is lazarus, ffs.

listening to NLOTH now...unknown caller has got to be one of the most frustrating songs in the U2 catalogue. the music is absolutely fantastic but the bono shits all over it so hard. with some decent lyrics that one could have been an all-time U2 classic (that solo!), but alas..."force quit and move to trash, shush now" :huh:

The song is frustrating, but "absolutely fantastic music" is miles beyond most 21st century U2 tracks, so it doesn't really deserve the hate it gets. Certain aspects are goofy, but conceptual weirdness has some better qualities than the bland nonsense they've been writing lately.

NLOTH/Magnificent/Moment of Surrender/Unknown Caller was the last time I was really excited by U2 as a creative force. Those songs fit so well together and are largely of high quality. It's almost like they were making fantastic albums again. Then the middle three happened. The final third is largely good, but it's all over the place as far as sequencing goes.

Last edited:

listening to NLOTH now...unknown caller has got to be one of the most frustrating songs in the U2 catalogue. the music is absolutely fantastic but the bono shits all over it so hard. with some decent lyrics that one could have been an all-time U2 classic (that solo!), but alas..."force quit and move to trash, shush now" :huh:
Incredibly frustrating.

Like you said... Should have been a classic, but that chorus is a pile of dog shit. He tried to be clever for clever's sake, and it failed miserably.

I'll still go to bat for Magnificent. The intro and main riff are killer. The only awkward part is the transition from the slide guitar into that final chorus.

this is driving me nuts. the vocal melody in the first line of the SLABT chorus (when he's actually singing "sleep like a baby tonight") is the same as the melody from a song that was played a lot on the radio in the late 80's/early 90s and i can't put my finger on which song exactly that is. maybe a phil collins song?

someone help me out here.

I never framed my thinking about this song in this way and it's very true.... This could have been one of the greats. I just can't get past the lyrics, too bad!

Also was/is there any love for Go Crazy Tonight, it kinda was almost guilty pleasure of mine... :shrug:

this is driving me nuts. the vocal melody in the first line of the SLABT chorus (when he's actually singing "sleep like a baby tonight") is the same as the melody from a song that was played a lot on the radio in the late 80's/early 90s and i can't put my finger on which song exactly that is. maybe a phil collins song?

someone help me out here.

like... In The Air Tonight? Its kind of similar...

I actually don't mind Unknown Caller, there is enough good stuff there and I'm not a huge Lyrics guy so it works for me.

like... In The Air Tonight? Its kind of similar...

lol no definitely not.

i'm listening to some phil collins tunes now (like i said it's driving me nuts) and the closest so far is "another day in paradise". but i still feel like that's not exactly the song i'm looking for. it may not even be a philadelphia collins tune, just something similar-sounding from the same era.

Also was/is there any love for Go Crazy Tonight, it kinda was almost guilty pleasure of mine... :shrug:

It's not a guilty pleasure of mine, as I feel no guilt in enjoying that song. I really like it and also think it fits nicely after Unknown Caller. Yep, just a few posts back someone was bitching about the 'middle three' again, but I don't agree. At least, not where Crazy Tonight is concerned. Now Boots... on the other hand (and I also think that White As Snow is a snoozefest).

So this looks pretty nice:

DPLbmEkX4AAjDSn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom