Shuttlecock X: Cobbler gets on stage and forces U2 into a medley of Outkast covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I'd put up with Stuck if it were the price of ASOH.

I'd even put up with a small Stuck snippet in ASOH if it were the price of ASOH.

But let's not give Bono ideas, folks.

I can't see how the Hawking video wouldn't have been destined to lead into One. The video was made and the band decided not to do One every night, gotta stick the video somewhere.

Stick it before The Fly.

OK, I'd put up with Stuck if it were the price of ASOH.

I'd even put up with a small Stuck snippet in ASOH if it were the price of ASOH.

But let's not give Bono ideas, folks.

What about A Sort of Homecoming with a small (flubbed) Crazy Tonight snippet.

I'd pay money to hear Bono snippet A Sort of Homecoming in Stuck in a Moment while Axver is attending. I am an evil person.

I'd pay money to hear Bono snippet A Sort of Homecoming in Stuck in a Moment while Axver is attending. I am an evil person.

Well at least it would automatically become the best Stuck in a Moment performance, if nothing else.

Met Edge on Saturday before the concert, really good guy.

As much as I am loving the new Bullet it still hasn't found a good transition at all and I honestly can't see where it fits in the second act, nothing seems to work so far.

It should be in the first set. It doesn't fit with the theme bla bla bla, but it would sound great with Cedarwood, Wolves, and UTEOTW.

But then you don't have a single rocker in the second half of the show, which is poorly paced and mellow enough as it is.

I'm with Axver. Place it earlier in the set and add NYD after October in the second half (Bullet could also be placed after these two). I don't agree that a second half with EBTTRT, Elevation and Volcano hanging around is mellow all the way through.

I didn't count Even Better Than the Real Thing, since it comes in pretty early, even though it's in the "official" second part of the show.

Elevation and Volcano are not rockers for me. I don't care how fast-paced or guitar-centric they are. They're silly pop songs. But even if they were in the vein of Bullet or Until the End, you still have ten songs afterwards that really need a punch.

I think The Troubles would be a brilliant lead-in. It's mellow, but unlike all the other songs in the second set it's a bit darker, not a ball of rainbows, and could therefore, I think, if they worked on it, be a pretty special lead-in. Dark, introspective, intense tune, let the song linger a little after Edge's solo and then come slamming in with Bullet. Then do RTSS>Pride>blah blah blah

Yeah, Troubles could also work.

Point is, I hope U2 doesn't get complacent with the song. Bullet is great this tour and it's one great transition sway from becoming sublime.

Miami>Bullet is still a stroke of genius.

Bullet needs the ZooTV (or Popmart/Elevation) solo to make it truly great.

I like the arrangement, but musically it's a bit of a rehash.

It's still probably the best song of the night, along with Until the End of the World and Electric Co.

I think The Troubles would be a brilliant lead-in. It's mellow, but unlike all the other songs in the second set it's a bit darker, not a ball of rainbows, and could therefore, I think, if they worked on it, be a pretty special lead-in. Dark, introspective, intense tune, let the song linger a little after Edge's solo and then come slamming in with Bullet. Then do RTSS>Pride>blah blah blah

I like this idea, its criminal imo they seem to have given up on The Troubles. There's always Europe though...

EBW/October/NYD/Bullet/Troubles/WOWY would be an ideal way to end the main set, which I think is close to what was suggested a page or two earlier. Bullet would then actually make sense while the general narrative, vague and ill-defined as it is, remains and Bullet's not shoehorned to fit the "innocence" first set.

Whack Pride after WOWY if it really must be there too. Keep COBL and BD for the encore. I don't know why U2 are suddenly all about short encores. Remember Vertigo when they'd do six and sometimes up to eight encore songs across two separate encores?

A few items from tonight:
3 - Bad is just the fucking best shit ever. I can't even come close to describe how it makes me feel. So sublime.

I was so fucking overwhelmed when they started playing Bad. I didn't expect it at all at that point in the encore. It was transcendental, really, top moment in a live show. Goosebumps.

4 - Kind of looping back to 1, my entire section was filled with diehards, everyone was singing to everything. I look around a lot to check, always have. New shit, old shit, everyone was into it.

My section was a bit lame, sadly. Some people were seating halfway into Gloria, and were clearly there only for the big hits. I loved the view from the stands, though. The crowds will get better, I'm sure.

7 - I still really dig Invisible. I like watching Edge the whole time, he really seems to be into it.

Invisible is really fun, but it took a LONG time for people to realize it was live music. The "I am here" part is one of my favorite moments of the show.

The great Gump/NSW meeting of 2015 almost happened tonight but we both got to the arena right before showtime thanks to both of us experiencing delays with ye olde train. But it's gonna happen before all 8 shows are done.

Hell yes.

I felt very sad and jealous reading the NYT review this morning, but glad NSW, gump, Popmartjn and others are having fun. Something about missing U2 in NYC is always a bit heartbreaking to me given my long history with that city and U2.

Seeing only two shows feels like a nice balance for me compared with past indulgences (and new grown-up financial responsibilities like homeownership), and it's two shows more than some people are able to see at all, but I'm still sad that my two shows were so early in the tour. They were so great but the current shows seem excellent.

Seeing only two shows feels like a nice balance for me compared with past indulgences (and new grown-up financial responsibilities like homeownership), and it's two shows more than some people are able to see at all, but I'm still sad that my two shows were so early in the tour. They were so great but the current shows seem excellent.

I feel exactly the same way. But oh well, they'll be back before we know it. Being an American U2 fan is great.

What I think we'll actually get in March

The Miracle
Out of Control
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Iris
Cedarwood Road
Song for Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised By Wolves
Until the End of the World
~The Fly intermission~
Invisible
Even Better than the Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Desire
Ordinary Love
Every Breaking Wave
With or Without You
City of Blinding Lights
Bullet the Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America / Johnny Comes Marching Home
Pride

Beautiful Day
AIDS, RED, Africa, etc
Streets
ISHFWILF

Also that reminds me that Hands Built America was snippeted everywhere on Vertigo. At least, we got it in Australia. So I've just gotten really sad all of a sudden because they probably will keep it.

I felt very sad and jealous reading the NYT review this morning, but glad NSW, gump, Popmartjn and others are having fun. Something about missing U2 in NYC is always a bit heartbreaking to me given my long history with that city and U2.

If it's any consolation, I've missed every concert that has ever happened in both New York City and state.

Also that reminds me that Hands Built America was snippeted everywhere on Vertigo. At least, we got it in Australia. So I've just gotten really sad all of a sudden because they probably will keep it.

I can't fathom why this makes you sad. Do you really think once you're at the show you'll care?

I actually maintained spreadsheet full of analytics during the U2 concert I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was tracking every time Bono pulled his sleeves up with a slight wiggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom