Shuttlecock VIII: Did We Just Die?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they pull out Fast Cars, I will just die.

I never got to hear that live.

I've heard that, but, good to read about songs you're dying to hear live/past concert experiences. Thanks for sharing.

I did, first time it was performed. I don't remember much about it other than being shocked they were actually playing it.

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR STORIES

I trade all of your songs for Bad. It's my white whale.

I hope you get to hear it one day, it's sublime. You'll hopefully hear it in NYC. Thank you for sharing with us.

I've had that one as the closer:wink:

I KILL YOU

I mean, glad you got to hear that in Chicago.

· Love Is Blindness (1)

Impromptu no less? If they can pull that out their hats after 13 years, what else could they do?

One band I saw ages back let ticket holders vote for the top 3 songs they wanted to hear at their show, and then made sure to play those which weren't already covered by the set staples. Imagine if U2 devoted their traditional 2-3 song rotational segment to a list tailored to each individual crowd? Organizing it in advance even gives them rehearsal time.

I've only seen one Springsteen show (in Moncton, no less), but he did this request thing with signs, which I thought was extremely cool. If only U2 could pull something like that.

At a Radiohead show in Montreal in 2001, the band was all set to play The Bends (according to the printed setlist), but I heard some yell "Juuuuuuuuust!!!!", so Thom nodded, switched guitars, and they played Just.

At a Radiohead show in Montreal in 2001, the band was all set to play The Bends (according to the printed setlist), but I heard some yell "Juuuuuuuuust!!!!", so Thom nodded, switched guitars, and they played Just.

:up: At the HTTT show I saw in Toronto they had to stop mid-song because of some medical emegency in the crowd. As soon as it was taken care of 1-2-3 and they started the song again right where they left off without batting an eye.

Deciding whether or not to see U2 tonight based on the soundcheck is really going to blow up in my face. I just know it. I don't like what I've seen on there that much. & I just know that if I don't go there going to play out of control and bad. And the troubles with Lykke Li. Maybe volcano but I could give or take that one.

Also, sweet, google voice to text knows how to spell Lykke Li

Basically we are about to enter one of two realities. In the reality where I do go to the show tonight, the setlist will be:

The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
I Will Follow
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Song For Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
Until The End Of The World
(Intermission)
Invisible
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
Elevation
Ordinary Love
Every Breaking Wave
Bullet The Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Beautiful Day / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
With Or Without You

encore(s):
City Of Blinding Lights
Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
One

In the reality where I don't go:

The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
Out of Control
I Will Follow
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Song For Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday/When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Snippet)
Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
Until The End Of The World
(Intermission)
Invisible
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
Volcano
Ordinary Love
Every Breaking Wave
Bullet The Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Beautiful Day / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
With Or Without You/Shine Like Stars
Bad

encore(s):
Miracle Drug
Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
The Troubles (W/Lykke Li)

I did, first time it was performed. I don't remember much about it other than being shocked they were actually playing it.

That's how I remember hearing Your Blue Room in Chicago. That and trying to text Diemen "WHY DID YOU LEAVE CHICAGO AFTER THE FIRST SHOW YOU ARE MISSING IT!!!!!"

I was very very happy as this was being played. Even with mofo standing right next to me.

Yeah, I went to one of the first leg NYC 360 shows, and they'd been playing YBR off and on for the couple of weeks leading up to it, so I didn't know if I'd get it or not. When they started playing it, I yelled pretty loud. I'm not sure my brother - who was with me - knew the song. I must've looked/sounded like a crazy person to those around me. It was awesome hearing it love though. I consider myself fortunate considering the relatively small number of times they played it.

Me too. Also, Sinead O'Connor doing the vocal on it was aces. I quite like the live version.

Yeah, I went to one of the first leg NYC 360 shows, and they'd been playing YBR off and on for the couple of weeks leading up to it, so I didn't know if I'd get it or not. When they started playing it, I yelled pretty loud. I'm not sure my brother - who was with me - knew the song. I must've looked/sounded like a crazy person to those around me. It was awesome hearing it love though. I consider myself fortunate considering the relatively small number of times they played it.

Those moments are pretty cool, though. At least I think so.

I cannot really recall too many songs that drew more bafflement than YBR and so it really felt like it was a gift for the diehards.

Impromptu no less? If they can pull that out their hats after 13 years, what else could they do?

One band I saw ages back let ticket holders vote for the top 3 songs they wanted to hear at their show, and then made sure to play those which weren't already covered by the set staples. Imagine if U2 devoted their traditional 2-3 song rotational segment to a list tailored to each individual crowd? Organizing it in advance even gives them rehearsal time.

I'd love U2 to do similar, though I fear they wouldn't do the "not already covered by the set staples" thing, a whole bunch of people would vote for Pride, Streets, and One, and we'd consistently have awesome songs like A Sort of Homecoming placing fourth and never getting played.

I feel like this is a glorified snippet.

So do I. The problem is that it's clearly separate from AIWIY so there's no other way to list it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom