Shuttlecock VI: Leo can't see from GA cause his Dad put Red Zone on the rail - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 30,243
Local Time: 01:40 PM
Shuttlecock VI: Leo can't see from GA cause his Dad put Red Zone on the rail

Poor Leo, got the short gene.
__________________

Hewson is online now  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,891
Local Time: 03:40 AM
Bono won't even get Leo into the Red Zone?

Cruel.

So cruel, even.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:10 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: southern california
Posts: 10,466
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Poor Leo.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
david is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 10:40 AM
lol.
corianderstem is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 30,243
Local Time: 01:40 PM
So one of my best friends who now lives in Houston is doing some contract work for Live Nation and emailed me a pdf last night of a merchandise contract from 2008...title is:

Share Purchase Agreement of De-Lux Merchandise Company Limited

among

Paul Hewson, David Evans, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen, Jr., Not Us Limited, Principle Management Limited, Jeremy Joseph and Tonya Davis

and

Live Nation Limited


Haven't had a chance to go through it in much detail yet, 67 pages, mostly lawyer speak contract mumbo jumbo. Signed by Bono, Edge and Adam and an attorney signed "as attorney in fact(I think that word is fact, handwriting is a little tricky) for" Larry.

Bono signed "PDH" on the line for Paul Hewson and Edge signed "David Evans"

Contract for 7.5 Million.
Hewson is online now  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Ha, cool.
corianderstem is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,931
Local Time: 01:40 PM
omg u hav boner's signature!111
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #8
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,891
Local Time: 01:40 PM
Would Have Been "Dick Size", But, You Know, The Pic Is Cropped (rite?)
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


https://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,475
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Wow. Someone forgot to turn on their brain filter.

New thread title.
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 82,907
Local Time: 10:40 AM
I've been staying out of here lately cause I liked not knowing anything about the tour, but Travis told me about the red zone issue this morning.

If it's true ... I'm unhappy, to say the least
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 10:40 AM
When are these December Dublin dates, anyway? I know someone with a birthday at the end of December and I she would love to think about spending my her birthday in Dublin at a U2 show.
martha is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:16 PM   #12
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,550
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Alright, I see it's en vogue to joke about those who are pissed off about the redzone revelations (possible title to a Monday Night Jihad sequel?), but at the risk of being labeled a whiner, let me put in my two cents.

Assuming the redzone is indeed surrounding the catwalk...

The issue here isn't real fans (in the eyes of U2) vs. casual fans (in the eyes of U2); that's deflecting. The split here is between real fans that spent a little extra and got an unexpected privilege vs. real fans that got fucked over by a misleading seating chart.

Listen, on a practical basis, I'll live. A few people will be in front of me, it's cool. That likely always would have happened. The problem is that I had no say in the matter. I paid for one thing based on the assumption that the seating chart was accurate, but ultimately got another. And poor Ashley, holy shit she's fucked. I don't how she's going to see anything with a spot consigned to the middle of the pit.

I'm not outraged, but I am a little irritated and disappointed in the band/conglomeration that greenlit this. Bad form, U2LiveNation. Set the price absurdly high, fine. But let people know what they're paying for.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life
 
david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: southern california
Posts: 10,466
Local Time: 10:40 AM
I hope the boys take the homomania tour to Russia now.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
david is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 11:40 AM
I'm just gonna shut up because I think most people haven't even grasped the lay out.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 40,292
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Alright, I see it's en vogue to joke about those who are pissed off about the redzone revelations (possible title to a Monday Night Jihad sequel?), but at the risk of being labeled a whiner, let me put in my two cents.

Assuming the redzone is indeed surrounding the catwalk...

The issue here isn't real fans (in the eyes of U2) vs. casual fans (in the eyes of U2); that's deflecting. The split here is between real fans that spent a little extra and got an unexpected privilege vs. real fans that got fucked over by a misleading seating chart.

Listen, on a practical basis, I'll live. A few people will be in front of me, it's cool. That likely always would have happened. The problem is that I had no say in the matter. I paid for one thing based on the assumption that the seating chart was accurate, but ultimately got another. And poor Ashley, holy shit she's fucked. I don't how she's going to see anything with a spot consigned to the middle of the pit.

I'm not outraged, but I am a little irritated and disappointed in the band/conglomeration that greenlit this. Bad form, U2LiveNation. Set the price absurdly high, fine. But let people know what they're paying for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're implying that the only "rail" space is along the catwalk, and failing to acknowledge all the space around the main stage, as well as the circular "e" stage on the other end. And despite the whole thematic, spread out theatrical presentation, a large bulk of the show will still likely be done on the main stage. So not sure why someone's first impulse would be to hit the catwalk anyway.
lazarus is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 82,907
Local Time: 10:40 AM
See I'm getting mixed information, I hope we get official word on how the setup works soon.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #17
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,550
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're implying that the only "rail" space is along the catwalk, and failing to acknowledge all the space around the main stage, as well as the circular "e" stage on the other end. And despite the whole thematic, spread out theatrical presentation, a large bulk of the show will still likely be done on the main stage. So not sure why someone's first impulse would be to hit the catwalk anyway.
I want to know about the stage itself, definitely. But I don't know why that wouldn't be redzone.

In any case, let fans know the entire catwalk is off limits unless you pay $350.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:16 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,475
Local Time: 10:40 AM
I just want to say that all of this catwalk talk has "I'm Too Sexy" playing in my head now.
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:17 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 30,243
Local Time: 01:40 PM
Well looking at the photos. the red(pink) lines stop at both stages so one could infer that Red Zone will strictly be at the catwalk and both stages are regular GA. Its all speculation at this point of course.

As I stated in the other place, I wonder if they realized the layout they put out there with 2 Red Zone spots on either side of the "e" stage didn't provide them enough space for the amount of RZ tix they sold and they are crafting an alternative plan. Not sure how that could happen, not like there isn't enough info of the width of a typical arena floor, but hey LiveNation so anything is possible.

Band probably has no clue at this point. Hopefully we can at least get another angry Larry rant out of this.
Hewson is online now  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 30,243
Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
I just want to say that all of this catwalk talk has "I'm Too Sexy" playing in my head now.
So sexy it hurts...

__________________

Hewson is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×