Shuttlecock VI: Leo can't see from GA cause his Dad put Red Zone on the rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for all the Edge fangirls to weep when they end up in front of Adam and vice versa. The unnecessary angst on here will be hilarious.

Especially if it turns out the band use the catwalk and E stage so much that it's irrelevant which side you're on.

I'm very curious to see if this prompts them to extend the sets beyond their standard length, and by how much.

Even with so many songs rehearsed, with the reports of two sets separated by an intermission, and with the shows now billed as An Evening With, it still seems unimaginable that U2 would play up to 30 songs a night.

Prove me wrong, guys. Prove me wrong.

Yes. 22-23-songs was common throughout 360's first leg. A handful of shows got to 24.

With the intermission, I'd like the show to last the usual 3 hours that it would have been with an opening act, but I doubt that it will be 95% music. Probably gonna be 2:20 or so of actual music, plus some padding.

They played 20 songs for the dress rehearsal while leaving out some obvious things. For example, they're definitely going to play California, likely along with Desire in that second intermission opening they had been working on. And I'm sure they'll play One as well with the strings or whatever. That encore definitely won't remain as is. I can't see them playing less than 23 songs, and I'd guess a couple of more than that.

Also, as if it wasn't already obvious, Live Nation has confirmed there will be no opening act.

This concerns me in multiple ways: the lack of an opening act makes them appear like more of a dinosaur/legacy act, even if fans like us know how much they will be focusing on new material.

Also, it shows a disconnect with the younger generation and how they used to being along current up-and-coming acts, feeding off their energy in ways. Last tour's Lenny Kravitz opener flew in the face of this but it seemed like maybe they would go young again this time, especially as I knew they had been doing some preliminary searching in this direction.

Lastly, there's the simple fact of charging more money than last time while providing less actual content. Yes, if they were going to play 30 songs this would make up for the time usually allotted to an opener. The intermission would suggest that the show will be extended provided the band gets a longer rest period in the middle; I can't believe this break is solely about some conceptual "two sides". Also keep in mind that while no Songs Of Experience songs were officially rehearsed, the band has been recording and could still bust something new out at any time. The 360 tour showed a new willingness to debut unreleased material.

Forgive me for sounding cautiously optimistic, but this time around the band has broke tradition in various ways: the one-off Invisible release, the instant free album release, the acoustic "sessions", even the album cover. I'm not going to doubt anything at this point.

It's probably been mentioned, but I would like to say that Shuttlecock's stage looks like a non-shuttle cock.

Also, I have front row tix near the "head" (unless they flip it and I'm behind the stage).

My only concern at this point:

I haven't checked for a bit, are they still rolling with that horribly dull WOWY/One/Ordinary Love trio to close? If there has been a less inspired second encore from U2, it hasn't happened for a while.

I haven't checked for a bit, are they still rolling with that horribly dull WOWY/One/Ordinary Love trio to close? If there has been a less inspired second encore from U2, it hasn't happened for a while.

I might have to head to the subway before the magic marker lyric.

How can the tickets say that on there? They hadn't even finalized this stage design setup when they went on sale last year, right?

I dunno. I thought there were people saying their tickets said North or South, but maybe I'm thinking of RZ 1 and RZ 2.

The thought of the band closing the show with some acoustic, second-
rate track like that makes me sick. I wasn't crazy about Moment Of Surrender as a closer but at least that's a great song.

Friggin' Mandela. Would rather they pay tribute to Ben E. King and close with a Stand By Me singalong.

I dunno. I thought there were people saying their tickets said North or South, but maybe I'm thinking of RZ 1 and RZ 2.

Well, people in GA don't really have tickets. It's CC swipe entry. Here is what my "tickets" look like I'm the TM app.

bctix_zps9de308a6.png

Does S-FLR mean south floor?

No idea. Some other poster elsewhere was saying his Vancouver tickets said "north."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The thought of the band closing the show with some acoustic, second-
rate track like that makes me sick. I wasn't crazy about Moment Of Surrender as a closer but at least that's a great song.

Friggin' Mandela. Would rather they pay tribute to Ben E. King and close with a Stand By Me singalong.
At the dress rehearsal they didn't play their second encore at all, which is where I assume One is going to fall. However, With or Without You closed the main set and apparently has been paired up with The Troubles on multiple occasions recently, so hopefully that's a sign that they've given up on that trio and Ordinary Love is relegated to the trashcan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom