Shuttlecock VI: Leo can't see from GA cause his Dad put Red Zone on the rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tour starts tonight, so this is as good a time as any to ask: what's the over/under on how many girls Vik will punch this tour? The fact that Red Zone is taking a large chunk of the front rail space suggests there will be quite a few as people fight for the best spots.

I just read back to that thread, and the first few posts after he joined in were people going "Thanks for clearing that up, I understand!" and Vik thanking them for their understanding. Then Jive Turkey hopped in and said "Go eat a bag of dicks, asshole."

What's the worst tour merch anyone's seen at a show? I didn't get anything at Father John Misty (despite an awesome show) because they were all bad. The best one was literally just a shirt that had the opening line from the title track written in cursive on it. And I'm not really one to try to explain the reference with "Mascara, blood, ash, cum" on it.

I haven't bought merch in years. Most of the time it is what you describe, a one-tone t-shirt with some slogan or shitty logo on it.

Los Campesinos! is pretty reliable for cool shirts. I only have one but they've had a lot I've considered buying.

I know the song is divisive, but is anyone else shocked they're not rehearsing Volcano? They did it on the promo tour, and it's one of the more upbeat rockers on the album. I thought it was a shoo-in for a single, and now it's not even going to be played on a regular basis? I love Raised By Wolves but I would have bet money this would get the boot over something catchier like Volcano.

Geting progressively bummed out that out of my 4 favorites on the album, only The Troubles seems like it has a solid place in the setlist. And I thought Reach Around was a show opener contender. :angry:

I just read back to that thread, and the first few posts after he joined in were people going "Thanks for clearing that up, I understand!" and Vik thanking them for their understanding. Then Jive Turkey hopped in and said "Go eat a bag of dicks, asshole."

haha, I miss JT, can you post the link for that? I was only vaguely aware that was going on when it happened.

I know the song is divisive, but is anyone else shocked they're not rehearsing Volcano? They did it on the promo tour, and it's one of the more upbeat rockers on the album. I thought it was a shoo-in for a single, and now it's not even going to be played on a regular basis? I love Raised By Wolves but I would have bet money this would get the boot over something catchier like Volcano.

Yeah I'm really, really surprised by this. If Volcano isn't played at all, it will be the first time since Holy Joe that a new song was played at a promo appearance and then missed the tour. However, some other new songs have been played at promo gigs, not been heard at rehearsals, and then eventually shown up on the tour. OOTS is a good example, appearing at a couple of promos in 2004 but then not appearing until a couple of weeks into Vertigo and only enjoying a vaguely stable setlist spot for part of the third leg.

It was State College that time. The Icelandic volcano erupted in 2010 and they couldn't fly over to start their tour on time, and Penn State's show was a free show, so when they re-shuffled the tour dates they just dropped that one entirely. At least U2 rescheduled their Philly show.

Oddly enough, the friend I was with when I saw LC! for the first time (totally on a whim, based on Shouter's enthusiastic recommendation) hailed from State College.

Oddly enough, the friend I was with when I saw LC! for the first time (totally on a whim, based on Shouter's enthusiastic recommendation) hailed from State College.
I assume he or she is the child of an educator who worked at Penn State? That's the case with pretty much every townie I've ever met.

I've only ever been to Port Matilda once. One of the first assignments in my TV class in the journalism major was to find a local non-Penn State story and make a package about it, so we ended up covering some Girl Scout troop induction ceremony at a church in Port Matilda. It included two adorable 8-year-old girls botching the shit out of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on the violin.

The scene in Vancouver right now. Oh, what fun:

CE_1SeaVIAI-HV5.jpg:large

On the bright side, I can't imagine them doing 5 nights in Los Angeles without mixing it up a little, even if it's fairly early on the tour.

I just hope I picked the right nights.

More Edge, from the Irish Times:

He said the band have some 60 songs to choose from and the set will be between 24 or 25 song every night. He suggested they will be looking at playing songs live that they have never played before, such as the Ground Beneath Her Feet from the film The Million Dollar Hotel

Pretty sure that song has been played before? And it looks a considerably longer show isn't going to happen. I guess they're just going to keep the money they would have given to an opening act, and not give the fans anything extra instead. Good thing they raised the ticket prices, too. :down:

Anyway, I'm sure we're going to have a good number of pleasant surprises along the way. Not sure if I'm going to pony up cash again to see them on a hypothetical return to the U.S., though.

And in bigger news, you can listen tonight's show on a live stream:

https://twitter.com/Q1043/status/598916460296151040

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom