Shuttlecock V: Sleep Like Leo Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It still sounds like Bono is singing about Edge's wife in the first verse.

Last edited:
"Mooorreeellighhhhhhh you toast yooo teaaa yooo suggaaahhh" is my "raped by wolves" of the album.

Now that Bono's head is mostly metal, I can excuse these mispronunciations.

"Mooorreeellighhhhhhh you toast yooo teaaa yooo suggaaahhh" is my "raped by wolves" of the album.

Now that Bono's head is mostly metal, I can excuse these mispronunciations.

Don't use the word toast, it's offensive to bread. Those poor slices, often burned beyond edibility.

It offers me $300 seats instead of the GA I requested. No thanks, ticketbastard.

Edit: Got a $120 seat for MSG 4 in the lower bowl. Decided to buy it, and now I'm done. MSG 3-4 in case they are doing shows in pairs.

I'm seeing nosebleed seats in Toronto for $300 each... that is kind of shocking

Same for NYC. Even the $120 seats are almost behind the stage.

I wonder where the $40 seats are located. Probably across 7th Avenue.

Don't get me wrong - my first Elevation show I was in the Heart less than 10 feet away from them and it was un-fucking-believable to me having seen them at a distance for Zoo TV and PopMart previously so I get it.

But I'll still take the relative ease of finding tickets and lower prices for stadium shows every day and twice on Sunday. On top of that, I'm a sucker for spectacle when I go to my U2 concerts so stadiums always seem to trump arenas for that too.

It's a lot easier to make the case that the band members are looking at you and not other people when the competition for such a momentous occasion is a third of what it is in a stadium.

I have never seen them in an arena (I've never done GA in an arena for anyone, actually), I can only tell you what the good people of EYKIW have expressed about it.

But yes, I want Larry Mullen to stare into my soul until I no longer believe he'd be an eminently replaceable member of this band.

IMO, they play slightly more diverse sets for the smaller shows as well, since they don't have a giant display behind them dictating what they play.

Plus, on an arena tour, I got to hear The First Time, so there.

Douchebag seat for Phoenix 2 secured from Starbucks in Roswell en route home from Marfa. iPhone autocorrected "douchebag" to "douchebaggiest" which I have to say is appropriate because this is definitely douchebaggiest ticket I've ever bought.

No luck with Phoenix 1 yet.

Alright, less douchebaggiest for Phoenix 1 secured. I am done. And so is my checking account. Thank you, Roswell. Back on the road. Gotta date with Ryan Adams tonight.

Time to torment myself and find out if I could've just got the GAs without spending $50 :happy:

The answer is, yes, I could've got GAs without buying the subscription.

However, I forgot that I had the Ticketmaster page loading, and those tickets I pulled are now lost to the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom