Shuttlecock V: Sleep Like Leo Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were an accident waiting to happen
A piece of ass laid down on the beach
Well we did things I knew I wasn't supposed to
Now the lawyers are starting to leech

Who's gonna pay your child support?
Who's gonna fly down to Chile?
Who's gonna pay your child support?
Who's gonna be your new daddy?

For those of you not following the Films Of Innocence thing, all the videos debuted today on various music websites including Pitchfork, Stereogum, and Rolling Stone, but also ones from the art world as well.

Juxtapose is a widely-read art magazine and I think this is one of the best videos. Really cool, direct imagery:

Juxtapoz Magazine - Jux TV | Juxtapoz Exclusive: U2 - The Troubles by Todd James for Films of Innocence

This has the links to all of them:

U2 Unveiled 11 New Videos Today And You Can Watch Them All Here « Nerdist

I can't believe there was pining for stadium tours going on in this thread. Man, seriously? If I never have to go to another stadium gig, it'll be too soon.

No kidding. Hell, arenas blow too. If I never have to go to another arena or stadium gig, it'll be too soon.

I did sit on the back steps and read when Tegan and Sara opened for the Black Keys.

:tsk:

I'd sit on the back steps and read if the Black Keys opened for Tegan and Sara.

large.jpg

The video for California takes some inspiration from a short film I saw a few years back called C'etait un Rendez-vous. I have no idea if it's famous or not so this may all be obvious.

It seems that all of these films are either drawings or about people drawing things.

Anyone?

My confirmation e-mail from Ticketmaster says my GAs for New York City will arrive no later than 48 hours before the concert. So does that mean it is not paperless?

Paperless only is prohibited by NY State law. You're getting either hard tickets or e-tickets. Didn't it ask you which one you wanted? Mailed hard tickets are usually a few bucks extra, and it tells you right before hitting Buy

Sent from my ass crack

Paperless only is prohibited by NY State law. You're getting either hard tickets or e-tickets. Didn't it ask you which one you wanted? Mailed hard tickets are usually a few bucks extra, and it tells you right before hitting Buy

I don't remember. I was on that site for two freaking hours, and all I remember was clicking on the Canadian mail button.

And thanks for the info. :)

I don't remember. I was on that site for two freaking hours, and all I remember was clicking on the Canadian mail button.

And thanks for the info. :)

Ah, yep. If you hit Canadian Mail you will have paid probably $4.50 or so extra, and you'll be getting them in the mail soon(er than 48 hrs prior to showtime lol)

Nice work. I couldn't get any fucking GAs for any NY show. When were you successful?

Sent from my ass crack

It's just a camera attached to the front of a car and the guy speeds through Paris, running every red light and getting from one end of the city to the other in eight minutes. At the end, he gets out of the car and embraces his girlfriend, and the end of the California video seemed to be a clear shout out to that.

Things have taken a decidedly upward turn today for me, started the day with nothing. Buddy who got Boston 1 GA's texted me and asked if I wanted to join him and then finally talked to someone with a brain at U2.com and got a new code for tomorrow's presale so hopefully can get a pair of GA for Boston 4 that way.

So, I'm gonna go all fan paranoia on you folks for second, but I'm looking at all of this on the scene material from Cam Newton's car accident this morning (yeah, whatever, maybe I gawk a little from time to time. I wanted to know that he was OK) and for the first time, I'm really kinda curious about why there were apparently no on-lookers for the bike accident. I get that Central Park is huge, but NO ONE saw anything? :tinfoilhat:

NOTE: I'm not saying there's some stupid conspiracy, that's just some crazy garbage there. But, I do think, in the era we live in, that at the very least, this is remarkably strange.

Hacidic Jew costume of course.

Truth is Larry beat the ever lovin' shit out of Bono causing all the injuries and they used the bike story to cover it up

My guess is that the people who saw what happened didn't know it was Bono, through some combination of he's not wearing an expensive jacket, his glasses have probably fallen off, he's small in person, and the facial wounds probably made it harder to see who it was.

Hacidic Jew costume of course.

Truth is Larry beat the ever lovin' shit out of Bono causing all the injuries and they used the bike story to cover it up

lol for sure. Bono's in a Jewish tribute band in his spare time.

re your spoiler..did you see the so-called person in the know in EYKIW who tried to start the rumour that this wasn't an accident, that someone was trying to send Bono a sign, related to the album delay? Yeah. Someone actually said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom