Shuttlecock! Part XVIII - Like the top of an airborne birdie's head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton likes scalping
Although No Broken Cocks likes
To cut pounds of flesh

If I could figure out how to get the seven-minute video from my camera onto my computer, I'd be in a whole heap of legal trouble.

That's so funny, as soon as I read the first line about living in New York for so long and never going to Brooklyn I was like "What the fuck is wrong with this person?"

Oh man, are those comments harsh. Can you imagine reading that about something you just wrote? "She writes like a broken robot", LOL! And this:

"It's a shame that you're apparently the worst person possible, because this sounds like a beautiful show. Also, 'all the years you've lived in New York City'? Probably not the best choice of words to highlight your self-proclaimed worldliness, when referencing somewhere you've lived for about two years after college. (Harvard '07, right?) The whole seasoned New Yorker thing doesn't come off well when you're freaked out by an artist touching your face in an outer borough. Maybe venture to Queens or the Bronx or take the Staten Island Ferry next, it will blow. Your. Mind."

Later on, when I figure everything out, I'll post a link to Steve band playing at the party. It will make everyone smile.

Yes, please. :up:

Cool! What does Steve play?

I'm going to the walk-in clinic this morning. I've been completely congested for a week and two days, and I can't take it anymore. I WANT TO TASTE MY FOOOOOOD!!!!!!

:sad:

Ugh, poor thing. I was like that during my plague. I may or may not have devoured a pint of strawberry ice cream as soon as I discovered my sense of smell/taste/whatever had returned. :shifty:

Also, after all the cougar talk, I ironically met an EXTREMELY CUTE 34 year-old last night who actually whipped out her I.D. because I was so flabbergasted that she was over 25. I may have to reconsider some of my dating rules.

It's nice when you live across the street from your favorite bar so you can lure people back to "meet the kitty". A couple of her friends came as well and we hung out for about 30 minutes after the bar closed.

We exchanged numbers and she claimed she's going to come over for my weekly movie night. :hyper:

Nice. :up:

Hopefully this means the shitty tide of last week is turning for some of us.

I got a text last night from a dude I met in a bar three weeks ago - we had made plans to get together but then I got sick so I just assumed that was it, but he's texted here and there and it's been nice and cute.

He's 27, btw, and the night I met him I told him he looked like he was 21. His mom was there with her friends and he told me he'd get her to vouch that he was older than he looks.

The doctor said, "Try Sudafed!"

Yeah, that was worth my $20 copay.

Ha! I can do one better - when I walked into the urgent care with PINK EYE, the doctor looked at me (after I reminded him that's what I was really there for) and said, "oh, just clean it out and it'll go away in a day or two. Just don't touch anything."

I demanded eye drops and almost drop kicked his lazy ass on my way out. :mad:

Ugh, poor thing. I was like that during my plague. I may or may not have devoured a pint of strawberry ice cream as soon as I discovered my sense of smell/taste/whatever had returned. :shifty:

The annoying thing is that I am completely fine other than the congestion. No sneezing, no itchy eyes, no nothing. She even looked up my nose and said it didn't look like the typical appearance of someone with allergies.

I'm all "I don't care what it is, I just want to be able to breathe!"

Anyway. The Sudafed is working somewhat. There's definitely an improvement, although I can't comfortably breathe through my nose. I can smell though, which means in about an hour I am going out for something delicious and bad for me, which I will inhale before collapsing in front of the TV in a delightful food coma.

Alright, Laz. I'm going to do you one better. I'm about to leave for my fair city's most notorious cougar bar with a few friends, one of which always goes for VIP and bottle service for some reason. I don't know where he gets the money. I guess I really don't care.

Deal = sealed. TONIGHT. Story time tomorrow, Shuttlecockians.

What happened here, Joebin?

I've always had a soft spot for Drew even thought she sometimes annoys me.

I don't have HBO, but I do want to see this when it (inevitably) comes out on DVD.

What happened here, Joebin?

StrikeThree.gif

I've always had a soft spot for Drew even thought she sometimes annoys me.

I don't have HBO, but I do want to see this when it (inevitably) comes out on DVD.

Yeah, hard to argue for her being a good actress, but she's a likable screen presence.

My roommate's boyfriend was in the men's bathroom at one of our local bars and she walked in asking for some toilet paper. He said "Anything for you, Drew Barrymore!" Apparently she's really nice.

Yeah, hard to argue for her being a good actress, but she's a likable screen presence.

My roommate's boyfriend was in the men's bathroom at one of our local bars and she walked in asking for some toilet paper. He said "Anything for you, Drew Barrymore!" Apparently she's really nice.

She seems like one of the few celebs where her public persona actually seems genuine and not for show. :up:

How did JL's face look in the movie?

I saw a few pics of her at the premiere and it was Botox or bad face job city.

she looked the part, but the part was of a rich woman who's already jumped the shark and rapidly declines over the decades. so i guess it was appropriate. her eyes are kind of funny.

but i have seen her in recent days, and she doesn't look good.

still, great actress.

she looked the part, but the part was of a rich woman who's already jumped the shark and rapidly declines over the decades. so i guess it was appropriate. her eyes are kind of funny.

but i have seen her in recent days, and she doesn't look good.

still, great actress.

I think JL looks better than a lot of actresses her age - she seems to have had less work than most (and to me less work = looks better).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom