Shuttlecock! Part XVIII - Like the top of an airborne birdie's head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather talk about it through PM.

I think Impy's night was closer to this age bracket.

3406795217_febdcfd7d6_m.jpg

A couple of things that are on my mind tonight:

1. Why won't impy admit he had sex with a goat the other night?

2. Is it fair game to tell a drunk chick that "you want to fuck her ass" when she thinks you're saying that "you fucking want her ass"? Is there an ethics issue there? A breach of trust?

3. Why are the Lions going to draft Matthew Stafford? That's fucking ridiculous.

I DONT DATE WHORES GOATS.

In other news, there was just a commercial during the Mavs game for Aleve featuring a broad playing... wait for it... badminton. It's a sign!

Typically I go berserk on idiots and other lesser beings.
Fun fact: I'm actually an extremely level-headed person in reality. I use Interference as a place to throw my anger around. That's why I rant on here.
Holy fuck, am I the only one that didn't know about Paul Zimmerman's strokes?
I did know he'd had them, although I didn't know he was still in this bad of shape.

Also, after all the cougar talk, I ironically met an EXTREMELY CUTE 34 year-old last night who actually whipped out her I.D. because I was so flabbergasted that she was over 25. I may have to reconsider some of my dating rules.

It's nice when you live across the street from your favorite bar so you can lure people back to "meet the kitty". A couple of her friends came as well and we hung out for about 30 minutes after the bar closed.

We exchanged numbers and she claimed she's going to come over for my weekly movie night. :hyper:

Worth telling, even if I missed the party:

A great-great aunt of mine died, last week. Tough times for some people in the family, of course. She was 92, though, and had had a damn-ass good run. She would've turned 93, in just a few months. Big ups to Aunt Vivian, right?

Anyway, I attended the wake. I got there on the early end of things, to avoid the brutal sadness into which wakes always descend--shit starts off all right, but those things get punishing. I wanted to pay my respects, try to cheer up a person or two, catch up with some people I hadn't seen for a while (on account of living in Japan, for a few years), and be on my way.

I stayed for about 90 minutes--far longer than I'd really expected, as I am not too close with that bough of the family tree and hadn't seen Vivian more than a handful of times, in my life. In those 90 minutes, I met the wife of a cousin of a cousin of a cousin. Never seen or heard of this woman, before, although she spoke of having seen me as an infant. As an infant, mind you. She was there with her mother-in-law, who apparently knew my mother and grandmother pretty well, back in the day; the daughter-in-law was 49.

I will spare most of the details, but know this--by the time my 90 minutes were up, I'd been invited into the restroom for a quick, uh...you know. I declined, because that's just fucking insane and creepy and morally bankrupt...but if, you know, it hadn't've been at a wake, I would've had a damn-ass hard time turning that woman down, even with her being married. Fucking gorgeous!

Given the context, I just kept saying to myself, "Dude...there's no way that she's actually flirting with you this openly, right? You must just be buying your own hype, or something. Wake up. ...But, wait, why does she keep rubbing my arm like that...?" There we were, and there it was. Insane. A decent story to tell, I guess.

Back to whatever y'all were up to. I still don't really like the new album. Blah.

It's funny and shocking and harsh and offensive. I love it.

I've always liked Denis Leary, though. He plays a real asshole on the show, and he does it so well.

Last season wasn't as good, but only two episodes into this season, it's already an improvement. Even though I'm very sick of a few characters (Sheila - UGH. I hope they kill her off.).

There have been a few things throughout the run of the show that have made me laugh so hard, I cried. And some other times that it's made me cry for other reasons. But it's not sappy or anything, I'm just weird like that.

It's funny and shocking and harsh and offensive. I love it.

I've always liked Denis Leary, though. He plays a real asshole on the show, and he does it so well.

Last season wasn't as good, but only two episodes into this season, it's already an improvement. Even though I'm very sick of a few characters (Sheila - UGH. I hope they kill her off.).

There have been a few things throughout the run of the show that have made me laugh so hard, I cried. And some other times that it's made me cry for other reasons. But it's not sappy or anything, I'm just weird like that.

His standup angers me. He just screams like a maniac and says stuff Bill Hicks already said. That said, it seems like a good idea to give this show a shot.

It's had its ups and downs, but is overall a very good show. I know some people stopped watching after a certain scene between Tommy and his ex-wife, but oddly enough, I wasn't that bothered by it, even though yes, it was shocking.

I'll turn in my feminist card now.

And pfan, while Leary's demeanor in the show could be characterized as similar to his stand-up (he's snappy and shouts sometimes), it's not like this is a show where he's reprising his act. He's a great character, and Leary's done some really great stuff in it.

I'm interested in how that conversation progressed, but I think you did the right thing there, Shouter. Any environment other than a wake? Jai ho!

And I too still don't like the new album.

Listening to Breathe in YLB's playlist made me appreciate Breathe even more. I would love that song no matter who it was by, of that I'm sure.

IYS drops a cougar story like that and you guys are talking about that rip-off artist Dennis Leary?! Who gives a shit?

Dude, there are certain things in life you don't pass up--I say that's one of them. My god, married woman, related to you by marriage, at a wake, bathroom...now that's one for the books.

If women keep getting turned down when they make these crazy offers, it's going to make others think twice before doing so.

I'm saying he did the morally correct thing. I'm not saying I would have made the same decision.

If women keep getting turned down when they make these crazy offers, it's going to make others think twice before doing so.

I had somehow not considered this. Hm. Fuck.

Also, I've never hooked up with a woman who was more than a few years older or younger than myself. Would've been about a 23 year gap, there. Madness, I tell you. Oh, and I listened to Guerrilla, on the way there. Considering there was a wake going on, I guess I had a pretty, ahem, solid afternoon.

Your gap would have bested me by two years. Plus I didn't seal the deal since she had work at 8 AM.

Oh, P.S.

I'm not single. Kind of disturbing that I forgot to mention that, I guess...! That was the main hitch in the giddyup, so to speak. I mean, if I were gonna stray, this would've been one hell of a time to do it! No doubt. But I wasn't gonna stray.

Kind of a crucial piece of information there. But I don't consider cougars cheating. Much like I don't consider a girl hooking up with another girl cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom