Shuttlecock! Part XVII - No Broken Cocks, Just A Swing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I like to use the word swift as much as I possibly can, though. I also quite like the word suck. So I'm cool with it.

Trust me, combining "suck" and "Swift" happens in my mind all the time.

And Bruce's song "Mary Queen of Arkansas" is a gay song. I posted about in the last thread that got swiftly sucked out of existence by some unknown, inhuman force beneath the waves.

i did read that.

joyfulgirl made the same point about, ahem, "Backstreets."

i also just read that Bruce said he was gay in order to fuck with the army quiz so that he wouldn't get drafted in 1969.

i also just read that Bruce said he was gay in order to fuck with the army quiz so that he wouldn't get drafted in 1969.

Well, this is what Bruce looked like in '69. Definitely not Army material.

jlrwd5hed82ejy0dw7mdhznb_500.jpg

That picture fascinates me. I think part of it is that he's clearly stoned off his ass. And the hair, of course.

are you The Hedge?

Sometimes its like someone took a knife baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six-inch valley
Through the middle of my soul

I am convinced to this day that song is about picking up The Hedge at a Jersey gay bar. KNIFE CRIME, holes in souls...it was clearly Shuttlecock influenced. Prove me wrong, people.

i did read that.

joyfulgirl made the same point about, ahem, "Backstreets."

That would conflict with his usual telling of the story, that he was declared medically unfit to be drafted.

Apparently Justice is going to be remixing Shuttlecock. Unfortunately, they're doing Get on Your Cocks. A little been there, done that, no? Why not give them a crack at Magnificock?

Well, this is what Bruce looked like in '69. Definitely not Army material.

jlrwd5hed82ejy0dw7mdhznb_500.jpg

That picture fascinates me. I think part of it is that he's clearly stoned off his ass. And the hair, of course.

Looks a little bit like the white, stoned Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom