Shuttlecock! Part XVII - No Broken Cocks, Just A Swing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened? Glad to hear you got what you were going for, though.

I threw a decent seat back, waited through 10 minutes of TB hell, making bargains with the ticket gods, and ended up getting a seat that I could sell for $1345 if the scalpers are to be believed. :ohmy:

So. Now I'm going to empty the dishwasher and take my doggie to the park.

After I pee, of course. :wink:

Hopefully they'll do arenas next year when they come back around so we don't have to deal with this stadium crap again.

I've heard rumors that it's arenas, and rumors that it's stadiums again, so who knows. I'll hold on to some hope, though.

After I pee, of course. :wink:

:hi5:

Tiny-bladdered sister friend!

I just heard Boom Boom Pow. Wow. You guys getting the Black Eyed Peas are getting a real treat. Forget Muse or Elbow, you're getting chickens jockin' your style!

we're getting Muse in DC. :wave: i totally saw the poster up in the Metro this morning.

and then i died a little when i saw the "sponsored by Blackberry" thing.

So there are open auditions to be Spidey in the musical written by Boner and Hedge. They're in six cities over the next couple months. I think they're reading this thread, because it's a fortuitous itinerary for the Cock Force:

Orlando, FL Thursday, April 9 (Get on this, YLB)
New York, NY Monday, April 13
Los Angeles, CA Saturday, April 18 (Laz, Peter Parker needs handlebars)
Seattle, WA Monday, April 20 (Cori, this could be your Boys Don't Cry)
Chicago, IL Thursday, May 7 (I gotta see NSW in the Spidey suit)
Austin, TX Wednesday, May 27 (Yeah, I'm definitely doing it)

No DC audition. :(

Also, I can regularly pull single tickets for DC in every single section and price level except GA. Bastards.

Go anyway.

Ah, but the problem is, with GA, my friends and I could all get our tickets individually and still enjoy the show together, but with anything else I'd have to purchase a whole group together, at least 2 tickets, which ends up costing an arm and a leg that I can't quite part with right now. A month from now, sure, but I really just can justify it yet.

Ah, but the problem is, with GA, my friends and I could all get our tickets individually and still enjoy the show together, but with anything else I'd have to purchase a whole group together, at least 2 tickets, which ends up costing an arm and a leg that I can't quite part with right now. A month from now, sure, but I really just can justify it yet.

I see. That does make it more of a pain in the ass.

So there are open auditions to be Spidey in the musical written by Boner and Hedge. They're in six cities over the next couple months. I think they're reading this thread, because it's a fortuitous itinerary for the Cock Force:

Orlando, FL Thursday, April 9 (Get on this, YLB)
New York, NY Monday, April 13
Los Angeles, CA Saturday, April 18 (Laz, Peter Parker needs handlebars)
Seattle, WA Monday, April 20 (Cori, this could be your Boys Don't Cry)
Chicago, IL Thursday, May 7 (I gotta see NSW in the Spidey suit)
Austin, TX Wednesday, May 27 (Yeah, I'm definitely doing it)

HOW THE FUCK COULD THEY SKIP PHILADELPHIA?

That's all I have to say.

Shuttlecock does not care about Philly people.

franklin_delano_bluth.jpg

I got my Shuttlecock Medium, Rare & Restrung just now. Am I the first? It comes in this shitty paper case and they're dressed like chefs on the front. I wish I was kidding.

I got my Shuttlecock Medium, Rare & Restrung just now. Am I the first? It comes in this shitty paper case and they're dressed like chefs on the front. I wish I was kidding.

There was a picture from the Passengers era with them standing around with Brian Eno, all in chef hats. That must be from the same photo session, I would guess.

I got an email about my CD, but haven't seen it yet. Sounds like they were sending them out in waves based on seniority, which just sounds silly. Like anyone cares if I get mine before someone who's been a member for 8 years.

Of course, I'm sure someone WOULD bitch about it. But they should just shut up.

There was a picture from the Passengers era with them standing around with Brian Eno, all in chef hats. That must be from the same photo session, I would guess.

I got an email about my CD, but haven't seen it yet. Sounds like they were sending them out in waves based on seniority, which just sounds silly. Like anyone cares if I get mine before someone who's been a member for 8 years.

Of course, I'm sure someone WOULD bitch about it. But they should just shut up.

OMG wtf? I haven't even gotten an email about mine? U2 sucks, they love me less because they sent YOU an email before ME. That's it, I renounce my fandom immediately. :bitchandmoan:

:wink:

Knife Crime kid drives me absolutely insane. Insane in a literal manner. Any and everything he ever writes either has to tell us how much someone he doesn't like sucks, or how great Oasis is. Every single post. It makes me want to spit on a stranger.

Hopefully my Medium Rare CD thing will arrive to combat the rage virus spreading inside my blood.

Did someone really get a tattoo of that? Link please.

Hopefully my Medium Rare CD thing will arrive to combat the rage virus spreading inside my blood.

I already ripped it in both V0 and FLAC and sent it to you. Check your email.

I think I had a Mike's lemonade at one Vertigo show - and maybe one beer during a show where I had seats on the Elevation tour, but other than that, I do not drink at U2 or Springsteen concerts.

One of the shows I saw in Phoenix was in a box. A guy behind us drank so much before and during the first part of the show he passed out and slept through the last half of the show.

I've never understood excess drinking at concerts. I personally want to actually remember the show. One of my friends had back stage passes to Radiohead. He is 3x the Radiohead fan I am, and I consider myself a huge fan. He was so incredibly drunk and high at the show that he doesn't remember meeting the band at all. His wife said they were all completely weirded out by how out of it he was, and went out of their way to avoid him. What a great way to act around your favorite band. Same kid was drunk out of his mind after Sigur Ros here, randomly ran into the band outside after the show, again was so drunk that I randomly found pictures of him taken by some other mega-fan with captions like "this guy was so drunk/high that he was trying to ask the band a question, but no one had any idea what he was saying". Classy.

I already ripped it in both V0 and FLAC and sent it to you. Check your email.

Oh, let me get that, too! I was totally going to purchase it somehow, but I think I'll just take it for free since it's available this easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom