Shuttlecock! Part XVII - No Broken Cocks, Just A Swing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball is a sport for non-athletes who have more interest in getting drunk and being bored than actual sports. It's fucking horrible to watch, and only slightly more enjoyable to actually play.

Deal with it.

You sound like an attention-span deprived American teenager who thinks that any sport that doesn't involve getting your brains beat in isn't a sport at all.

And you wonder why you're Scumbo. Scum.

Baseball is a sport for non-athletes who have more interest in getting drunk and being bored than actual sports.

Well in addition to being an indie hipster, a Texan, and a thief, I'm also a lecherous drunk. Maybe that's why I like it.

I think your definition falls more in line with men's softball though. Which is still one of the best things in the world.

I bet you only like MMA. FALCON PUNCH!

Baseball is a sport for non-athletes who have more interest in getting drunk and being bored than actual sports.

This statement holds no water. I'm an incredible athlete and I've never had any interest in getting drunk, and baseball is my favorite thing in the world.

I'm having an incredible year.

Hockey is awesome. Play NHL 09 and shut your feedhole, Piff.

Right, so I have an exam at three I haven't studied for. My dad comes into town all day yesterday for Springsteen etc., then my grandma dies this morning (please don't offer condolences, that's not why I said it). So not a lot of studying going on. Let's just say I feel a failin' coming round.

I'm kidding, of course. I have no issue with hockey. I just think an argument like that sounds just as ridiculous as baseball being boring. Baseball's never been boring to me.

I can understand people thinking it's boring. Barely. I think it's the furthest possible thing from boring but, yeah, that's just the way I am. In the paper, the news, everyday I am. Radio won't even play my jam.

I really don't understand how someone can find baseball boring but football exciting. They both have pauses between plays.

I like baseball.

But then again, I also buy douchebag seats.

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouchebag!

Well, yeah, that was a joke of course. On that topic, I wonder how much they'll be charging per beer at these Shuttlecock concerts at Soldier Field. My wallet will be empty at the end of the night, I know it.

Also, speaking of baseball...Johan Santana is pitching in 20 minutes on ESPN. :drool:

Possibly the best pitcher I've ever seen in my life.

Well, yeah, that was a joke of course. On that topic, I wonder how much they'll be charging per beer at these Shuttlecock concerts at Soldier Field. My wallet will be empty at the end of the night, I know it.

Sixteen ounces. Seven dollars. That's my guess at least. So you can either drink five beers or buy a shirt.

Shirts should never be more than $25. I never even wear my Shuttlecock shirt I spent $35 on at my one show. Learned my lesson. Almost threw up when I saw the $70 Springsteen t-shirt last night.

I'm straightedge. That is all.

EDIT: Well, maybe not quite all. I also love me some baseball and don't, generally, enjoy hardcore music all that much.

I'm straightedge. That is all.

EDIT: Well, maybe not quite all. I also love me some baseball and don't, generally, enjoy hardcore music all that much.

This should put you off the entire concept:

duritz_tattoo.jpg

ACCIDNTLEE N LOVE!

I do not drink at U2 or Springsteen concerts.

I don't, if only because alcohol makes me have to pee so much more than usual. The one Vertigo show where I had seats, my friend and I had dinner and drinks before hand, and I had to pee a couple of extra times during the show. But I went during Pride and Bullet, so it worked out fine. ;)

A messenger bag was like $40.

Ooh, I totally would have bought one of those.

Jesus. :crack: I think my blood pressure went up to normal. After a greedy mistake that nearly killed me, I now have a douchebag seat on Adam's side. I don't even know where I'm sitting. :|

What happened? Glad to hear you got what you were going for, though.

Yeah, there's no way I'm buying anything OTHER than GA's for a U2 show though. Especially in a stadium. What's the point otherwise? I might as well just stay at home and listen to old bootlegs if I'm not close enough for the good crowd and the proximity of actually "being there". I've been to more than enough concerts in big arenas or stadiums off the floor, and it's really just a waste of money.

That makes sense, considering the downside of stadium shows. I've never been to one where there's been GA.

For ZooTV I was directly across from the stage at the opposite end of the field, in a lower row, but our sightline was blocked by the goddamned tee shirt stand on the field. Everyone in our general vicinity was pissed off. No way we would have guessed in those seats we'd be watching the screens the whole time.

For PopMart I was on the field, but it was reserved seating. My one and only scalper purchase. For row 16, it was worth it.

Wow, that blows.

Honestly, I don't have the disposable cash to buy seats for anything less than the most satisfying experience, even for "douche" seats which cost an arm and a leg more than I'd ever pay for a GA ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom