Shuttlecock! Part XIII - Midnight is when her work begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, yeah, I didn't actually read the details in the article until just now.

Soldier Field, Chicago, September 12th? That's the day before my birthday. And it sounds like it might be the first U.S. show of the tour. If I were to say "I'm there" that would be an understatement. I won't just be there, I will be all over that muh'fucker. :hyper:

Wonderful news.

Soldier Field, Chicago, September 12th? That's the day before my birthday. And it sounds like it might be the first U.S. show of the tour. If I were to say "I'm there" that would be an understatement. I won't just be there, I will be all over that muh'fucker. :hyper:

Wonderful news.

That was the first thing my eye caught. :lol:

I was like, "where are they going to be here????"

At least I have a month to get a prescription for xanax so I'll be calm enough for when tickets go onsale. :shifty: :p

Wonderful news.

you're a September 13th as well?

reading the their tentative schedule, looks like Aussie World gets screwed. ha ha.

now the real question is: does the 31-year old in me with the job spend $250 for excellent seats?

you're a September 13th as well?

September 13th, yup. You too? We're birthday twins.

This is seriously awesome news. My favorite band playing at my favorite football team's stadium the day before my birthday. The planets and the stars seem to be aligning.

Oh, and I'm definitely doing GA. I've only been to one other stadium show and did not sit GA, so I don't know how that works. But I'll be in the mud for this one. Damn, I'm excited.

$250 is too rich for my blood...

the thing is that i want to maximize my experience, and i'll likely only be able to see them in the DC-area, and possibly Philly. and maybe, possibly New York. so that's at most 3 shows. and i don't want to be way in the back of the field, nor do i want to be in the bleachers. i want good seats, and i don't know if i have the time or the patience to wait in a long line anymore, unless it would result in Boner sweating all over me.

yes, i'm entitled. i don't care who knows it.

I will stop by the GA line with soup for you all.

I might also bring along my mandolin and sing a few songs for you. Songs of lament. Songs of hope.

I've got to do at least one show in GA. I'd be doing a disservice to my kind (railskank) if I didn't. :shifty:

Btw, I love how people are already bitching about this. :happy:

U2 can never fucking make anyone happy.

the thing is that i want to maximize my experience, and i'll likely only be able to see them in the DC-area, and possibly Philly. and maybe, possibly New York. so that's at most 3 shows. and i don't want to be way in the back of the field, nor do i want to be in the bleachers. i want good seats, and i don't know if i have the time or the patience to wait in a long line anymore, unless it would result in Boner sweating all over me.

yes, i'm entitled. i don't care who knows it.

I most likely will only get to see them once or twice depending on how many nights they are in TO so I get where you are coming from. My limit for one ticket is around $150 though and that would have to be an awesome seat.

I've got to do at least one show in GA. I'd be doing a disservice to my kind (railskank) if I didn't. :shifty:

Btw, I love how people are already bitching about this. :happy:

U2 can never fucking make anyone happy.

Interference mirrors life. Everyone loves to bitch about everything. It's sad.

I'm excited to see the band in concert. Stadium is worse than an arena, granted, but I'll be there anyway.

I'm also contemplating seeing the boys overseas. I'd do GA for that, probably.

and do we have dates for anything other than Chicago yet?

Nope, other than the whole tour beginning June 30th in Barcelona. But it says details will be announced March 9th. Hoping that's when they put out the full itinerary.

I most likely will only get to see them once or twice depending on how many nights they are in TO so I get where you are coming from. My limit for one ticket is around $150 though and that would have to be an awesome seat.

in America, the streets are paved with gold and everyone can afford a $250 concert ticket to Shuttlecock.

One day, we will go there, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday... :sad:

Far,
We've been traveling far
Without a home
But not without a star

Free,
Only want to be free
We huddle close
Hang on to a dream

On the boats and on the planes ...
Elfa's coming to America

now the real question is: does the 31-year old in me with the job spend $250 for excellent seats?

Do it. You won't be sorry. I usually go cheap seats for concerts so I can see more of them, but I've treated myself to an expensive ticket now and again, and I've never been sorry. My expensive ticket in SLC for Elevation was wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom