Shuttlecock! Part XII - I prefer Native Cock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but you should never emulate Irvine. He's confused. I mean really he doesn't even understand it's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Well, yeah, Dalton is racist against gays. And gays are racist against religious people. So, this all comes full circle.

I'm racist against PLEBAns.

And dudes in bad eye makeup .... but only until they sing at me, or realize that I'm one of the good ones.

Out of curiousity, where were your seats? Not that there's even a chance we were sitting in the same section, since it is a stadium after all (and a crappy one at that).

:hmm:

the seats were pretty good. i think we were in the 100's section -- sorry, the "Cent" section -- and we were to the right of the stage, or a droite de la stage, if you were looking out from Bono's perspective, and it all felt very spacious to me.

it was a really good show, too. i remember being quite impressed with how well they had improved on the visuals since the Boston show.

I wish '80s and '90s Bono would team up, travel through time, and kick Eyeliner Bono's ass. Seriously?

You have to wait for drops. That's when I got mine. I was to the side of the stage for my shows. Great view.

I'll be doing GA this time, though. I want to be closer.

I suppose, but I'm always nervous that it won't happen or I will miss the drop, etc. :worrywart: I feel better knowing I have the precious in my hands. I much prefer to do GA if possible (in an arena of course). I like to be "in the crowd", not a mile away wishing I were there, and cursing all the lame people around me sitting through the show :mad: I did get a ticket drop for the Anaheim Elevation show the day of the show. It was first row off the floor of loge ($150). My friends had GA, but I couldn't sneak there with them. That was the show Elvis Costello was at the mixing board, and I can swear we exchanged glances :love: He was looking right at me, I know it :wink:

i spent the hours afterwards rocking slowly back and forth on the floor, clutching knees to chest, and repeating, "can't sleep, poon'll eat me. can't sleep, poon'll eat me."

I lol'd.

The trick is to eat it first.

Seriously though, the other day I had a family ask me if I could teach them how to cure their son's homosexuality.

I suppose, but I'm always nervous that it won't happen or I will miss the drop, etc. :worrywart: I feel better knowing I have the precious in my hands. I much prefer to do GA if possible (in an arena of course). I like to be "in the crowd", not a mile away wishing I were there, and cursing all the lame people around me sitting through the show :mad: I did get a ticket drop for the Anaheim Elevation show the day of the show. It was first row off the floor of loge ($150).

What are these "drops" you're speaking of? When orders are cancelled and new tickets appear after the onsale date has passed?

Somebody was calling the people who don't like stadiums whiners, except he was clever and said "whingers." I prefer seeing the band. And hearing them.

Irvine, you asked earlier what I was concerned about.

The spaceship, the "character" Boner is creating, the stadiums. It's all adding up to a spectacle, and I really just want to see and hear the band play these new songs. :sigh:

The spaceship, the "character" Boner is creating, the stadiums. It's all adding up to a spectacle, and I really just want to see and hear the band play these new songs. :sigh:

generally speaking, i trust their judgment. we'll see what happens.

but i would prefer arena shows, no question.

You accepted, right?

Absolutely. I told them to give their son $200 in singles ...

No, it's not worth arguing parents when they are in that place, so I convince them to let the healing take care of itself. Their job is to love their son right where he's at.

That usually gets them talking. Which usually gets them listening. Which usually gets them caring. Which usually gets them accepting. Which usually gets them to forget that I didn't cure their kid.

I'm a lazy son-of-a-bitch.

What are these "drops" you're speaking of? When orders are cancelled and new tickets appear after the onsale date has passed?

Well, that could be part of it. But usually I think it's when there are a certain amount of seats that are held back for whatever reason (band family/friends, industry people, season ticket holders, etc.), and usually anywhere from a couple of weeks prior to until day of show, there may be tickets available that weren't there originally when the show went on sale. So if you keep going to TM for example, and you keep getting a 'no tickets available', and then suddenly you try that, and tickets show up. I've seen it happen for other shows, but am always afraid to take a chance when it's someone that I realllllly want to see, such as Shuttlecock.

Somebody was calling the people who don't like stadiums whiners, except he was clever and said "whingers." I prefer seeing the band. And hearing them.

Irvine, you asked earlier what I was concerned about.

I like the spectacle, but it does suck when you're light years away from the band. Maybe that's what the spaceship is for ...

If there's one thing Shuttlecock understands, it's the live show. It's one of the few places where their judgment generally works out.

They're the most clueless band when it comes to studio shit, though. They're talented as anything, yet have no clue how to judge their own material.

:hmm:

the seats were pretty good. i think we were in the 100's section -- sorry, the "Cent" section -- and we were to the right of the stage, or a droite de la stage, if you were looking out from Bono's perspective, and it all felt very spacious to me.

it was a really good show, too. i remember being quite impressed with how well they had improved on the visuals since the Boston show.

It was a good show, and was my first ever concert, too. I was sitting way up in the 400s, or les quatre cents, but still enjoyed it regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom