Shuttlecock! Part XII - I prefer Native Cock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kind of anxious to hear Winner but the Chris Martin Experience comparisons scared me off. I still haven't heard NLOTH2 (hint hint)

I don't think it's unfinished or anything. I think this was how it was going to be, and they just decided to pull it. Sure, they could possibly remix it at a later date, but to me it's more or less finished. I think it's perfect the way it is. I don't mind the beginning, either.

Funny how people are saying the same thing with this as they do with Mercy - oh, it's a demo, no it's not finished, blah blah blah. To me, this is what would have been on the album.

Speaking of which, how did your rip come out? Does it sound better than the one that was making the rounds online? Could you PM it to me?

I don't think it's necessarily unfinished, but it does come off a bit schizophrenic. Too many "sections" that maybe don't work together perfectly?

It's a tough one to analyze. Because I didn't like it at first, then I thought it totally should have been on the album, and now I'm thinking parts just sound too familiar.

PM your way, and yes, I think it sounds a lot better.

I didn't realize Edge said that, as I avoid The Other Side.

Still, I don't know. I think it's pretty damn good the way it is.

In one of those French interviews (the radio one, I think), they asked about Winter. Bono replied surprised that he knew what Winter was, and then Edge said "It's a great track ... but it's just not quite finished yet."

I was kind of anxious to hear Winner but the Chris Martin Experience comparisons scared me off. I still haven't heard NLOTH2 (hint hint)

The only Coldplay thing really going on is that the intro sounds just like Viva La Vida. Other than that it sounds very U2.

I don't think it's necessarily unfinished, but it does come off a bit schizophrenic. Too many "sections" that maybe don't work together perfectly?

It's a tough one to analyze. Because I didn't like it at first, then I thought it totally should have been on the album, and now I'm thinking parts just sound too familiar.

PM your way, and yes, I think it sounds a lot better.

It does have a lot of different parts to it. I think it meshes pretty well, though.

Thanks - I'll listen tonight after work.

In one of those French interviews (the radio one, I think), they asked about Winter. Bono replied surprised that he knew what Winter was, and then Edge said "It's a great track ... but it's just not quite finished yet."

Interesting. I wonder which part is not quite finished.

Whatever they do, keep the fadeout please.

someone please tell me who tiger edge is. Is it an alter? I am so out of the loop with all the alters after u2kitten was banned.

Tiger Edge is PlatheGreat, yes? Or was her previous name something different? I know her on another site as well, and I might be misremembering her screen name from here.

Tiger Edge is PlatheGreat, yes? Or was her previous name something different? I know her on another site as well, and I might be misremembering her screen name from here.

That's who I assumed it was, too.

Oh, and cori, didn't realize those links took you to the same post, but really, is there much of a difference besides "here are the many different ways I stalk the band"?

Are the fans who sat down in the heart during the Boston taping still around here?

Because they would be deserving victims of KNIFE CRIME.

Also, my problem with the RS cover isn't the guyliner itself, but more that you can't even really see it and it just looks like Boner's recovering from getting punched in the eye.

Are the fans who sat down in the heart during the Boston taping still around here?

Because they would be deserving victims of KNIFE CRIME.

What's the story on that? I've heard allusions to the "fans at Elevation Boston" but had no idea what the hell they were on about.

Supposedly security brought in a bunch of random people ahead of the Superfans at the head of the GA line to be near the front of the heart, because the band wanted some new faces in there, I think? Not sure if this is completely true.

So the stalkers decided to protest by sitting down during One, forming a symbolic "hole in the heart". A bunch of entitled babies who should have been locked in a fucking closet for the show.

Oh, right. I think Bono said it was specifically because they kept seeing the same fans at the front of the heart and it was kind of creepy.

For that reason alone, I feel no sympathy for them. It is creepy.

i heard a rumor that the rumor was that the new people were brought in because they were much more fuckable than the Superfans, and they wanted the fuckables on the DVD.

^ That's what my original comment was. I couldn't remember if it was that, or the "new faces" thought. Maybe a combination of both.

They still need to fix that shit - Vertigo still failed. How many same old fans got in time after time? That shit is annoying.

i heard a rumor that the rumor was that the new people were brought in because they were much more fuckable than the Superfans, and they wanted the fuckables on the DVD.

I'd say it's not a stretch to imagine ANY other fans being more fuckable, unless you're into stalking zombie-type stuff.

I can safely say that with the band in New York, the reaction in PLEBA is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. That forum regularly makes me embarrassed to be a fan of this band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom