Shuttlecock! Part XII - I prefer Native Cock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, I don't care if your cabbagehead is there every time we walk out in public, I'm not calling you "Susie" like we're fucking friends or something.

"Cabbagehead"! I love it.

I'm trying to get some of my karma back after my saucer of milk fest of earlier in the week. :shh:

I'm not ready to fix my karma on that yet.

Did you see that one of the usual suspects won a ticket to the Fordham show?

Hey, anyone remember the incident with B giving a ticket to the fool who locked herself out of her car?

/random

There was a thread a while ago that was posted somewhere about someone claiming that Boner called out her name at some charity event, and then others called her out, saying no such thing happened.

:coocoo:

/random

Wasn't that Jamila making that claim? I've read several of those kinds of stories about her.

if you don't like "Cock Crazy" then you kiss with your mouth closed and you hate cherries on top of sundaes and warm puppies and freshly washed sheets with the highest thread count possible.

this

I'm hoping for some rocking live version of Stand Up Cock, but won't get my hopes up too much.

Yeah, and that sounds like a Jamila story, cori.

I'm fine with being a big fan of a band, but there's a point where it's straight up creepy and ridiculous.

I'm fine with being a big fan of a band, but there's a point where it's straight up creepy and ridiculous.

I agree.

I hope that should I ever become one of those people, you all will do an intervention for me or something.

Did you see that one of the usual suspects won a ticket to the Fordham show?

Yeah. :yawn:

There was a thread a while ago that was posted somewhere about someone claiming that Boner called out her name at some charity event, and then others called her out, saying no such thing happened.

:coocoo:

/random

Yeah, just like when Larry gave me a thumbs up at a sign I held during Vertigo he was all like, "Oh hey April, how's it going? Are you taking good care of that stick I gave you 27 months and 4 days ago?" :rolleyes:

I agree.

I hope that should I ever become one of those people, you all will do an intervention for me or something.

I'll slap you with a giant cock until all desire to follow the SC leaves your body. :hi5:

She then, if I recall correctly, went and pushed her way through people waiting to meet Bono because she was "insert real name here" and there was lots of shouting from her and her friend of "Bono! It's xx! You have to come and see xx!"

Lots of people came and called her on her asshattery and general bullshit on that one, including people from zootopia.

Anyone ready to discuss Winner again? I'm contemplating a fade-in version that gets rid of most of the Viva la Velveeta stuff (which also shortens it by a minute).

Does anyone think they're really going to rework or "finish" this for the next album after it's been featured in Linedrive already?

While I like the song more now, it probably fits on Atomic Serve more than most of the stuff that wound up on No Net, which is why I think it's weird Beano was singing its praises so highly. The only thing that connects it is that UF-style scraping guitar near the end. And it's still at its best an inferior (if better produced) version of City of Winding Serves. Hell, Boner doesn't sound as strong on here as he does on most of the new stuff.

I can understand why people feel it's unfinished and a bit of a mess, but it only makes Mercock stronger by comparison. That song takes its time, but at least it seems to know where it's going.

It was just quite a ... well ... striking visual. ;)

Laz, I haven't had a chance to listen to the rip you sent me last night - will give it a listen tonight and provide opinions.

I'm sure you'll be on the edge of your chair all day, waiting.

What is this about a spaceship rumor?

I haven't checked the tour forum in about two years, I guess I should.

Unless it's a situation where they play their final song and the entire fucking stage rises up like a spaceship and jets the fuck out of there like The Abyss, then I say fuck that idea.

The 'Cock have sounded good twice on Letterman (save for Boner's frog problem) and I have to agree 1,000% with Stache'arus, I hope they don't play Cock Crazy.

Play the fucking title track.

April, both your links go to the same post.

Unless it's a situation where they play their final song and the entire fucking stage rises up like a spaceship and jets the fuck out of there like The Abyss, then I say fuck that idea.

That would be stellar.

Anyone ready to discuss Winner again? I'm contemplating a fade-in version that gets rid of most of the Viva la Velveeta stuff (which also shortens it by a minute).

Does anyone think they're really going to rework or "finish" this for the next album after it's been featured in Linedrive already?

While I like the song more now, it probably fits on Atomic Serve more than most of the stuff that wound up on No Net, which is why I think it's weird Beano was singing its praises so highly. The only thing that connects it is that UF-style scraping guitar near the end. And it's still at its best an inferior (if better produced) version of City of Winding Serves. Hell, Boner doesn't sound as strong on here as he does on most of the new stuff.

I can understand why people feel it's unfinished and a bit of a mess, but it only makes Mercock stronger by comparison. That song takes its time, but at least it seems to know where it's going.

I don't think it's unfinished or anything. I think this was how it was going to be, and they just decided to pull it. Sure, they could possibly remix it at a later date, but to me it's more or less finished. I think it's perfect the way it is. I don't mind the beginning, either.

Funny how people are saying the same thing with this as they do with Mercy - oh, it's a demo, no it's not finished, blah blah blah. To me, this is what would have been on the album.

Speaking of which, how did your rip come out? Does it sound better than the one that was making the rounds online? Could you PM it to me?

I don't think it's unfinished or anything. I think this was how it was going to be, and they just decided to pull it. Sure, they could possibly remix it at a later date, but to me it's more or less finished. I think it's perfect the way it is. I don't mind the beginning, either.

Funny how people are saying the same thing with this as they do with Mercy - oh, it's a demo, no it's not finished, blah blah blah. To me, this is what would have been on the album.

Speaking of which, how did your rip come out? Does it sound better than the one that was making the rounds online? Could you PM it to me?

They're literally only saying it's not finished because Edge said it's not finished. Had he not said that, no one else would have either.

What is this about a spaceship rumor?

I haven't checked the tour forum in about two years, I guess I should.

The 'Cock have sounded good twice on Letterman (save for Boner's frog problem) and I have to agree 1,000% with Stache'arus, I hope they don't play Cock Crazy.

Play the fucking title track.

Bono said something about a spaceship-type item landing in the middle of the stadium for the outdoor tour jaunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom