Shuttlecock! Part XII - I prefer Native Cock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've described the album and what I thought about it to 5 different people at work so far today. I had several emails of "I thought of you when I heard U2 had a new album out" or "Did you know U2 was on Letterman all this week?" and "Well, is it????"

I think I've described the album and what I thought about it to 5 different people at work so far today. I had several emails of "I thought of you when I heard U2 had a new album out" or "Did you know U2 was on Letterman all this week?" and "Well, is it????"

I love getting those e-mails from friends. :heart:

I got an e-mail from a guy I dated last month for a minute, but now we're friends, and he was all, "so yeah I bet you're happy about U2 on Letterman - they rocked!"

Trust me Gaf, you will hate SS once you have kids.

So you liked the SS prior to having kids? You really are a bigot.

xp00687.jpg

i'm sure that this information has already been discussed, but what exactly is this "book" that comes with the box set? is it something more than the lyric sheet? is it something like the "book" that came with HTDAAB that i've looked at precisely 3 times since November 2004?

do tell.

It has numerous pictures of the band during the development of the album (studio shots, pictures of the actual lyric sheets, etc, etc), and interviews with each band member regarding the album. It's what the Bomb book should have been. Think of U2 by U2, but specifically for this album.

Actually, I think it's less interesting than the Atomic Serve book, which at least had creative contributions from all the band members, and it's stuff that for the most part you can revisit and get something new out of each time. There's stuff to, you know, THINK about?

This time, it's just a series of interviews, and once you digest that info, it's pretty fucking useless. The pictures are decent, but nothing special.

Personally, I prefer the actual CD booklet, even if most of it is stills from Linedrive.

So I just wished luck to someone who's going to the Ed Sullivan theatre to try and meet the band tomorrow for the VERY FIRST TIME.

People like her, who are genuinely like, "omg, this is so cool, I hope I meet them!!!" :up:

If she becomes a meetup whore after this, I wash my hands of the entire thing.

My husband just pulled out a plastic knife from his pocket asking if I needed to butter anything. I looked at him at said KNIFE CRIME, and we both laughed :happy:

\random

If she becomes a meetup whore after this, I wash my hands of the entire thing.

Is the band on a first-name basis with any of these freaks? Do they at least have the decency to pretend to not remember their names? Like, I don't care if your cabbagehead is there every time we walk out in public, I'm not calling you "Susie" like we're fucking friends or something.

My husband just pulled out a plastic knife from his pocket asking if I needed to butter anything. I looked at him at said KNIFE CRIME, and we both laughed :happy:

\random

i find myself having to make sure i don't use the word "cock" in every day language. and especially when talking about the album. my brain really said to me, "wow, Magnificock," when i was watching Letterman last night. and then i was like, "i hope they play Cock Crazy tomorrow."

Is the band on a first-name basis with any of these freaks? Do they at least have the decency to pretend to not remember their names? Like, I don't care if your cabbagehead is there every time we walk out in public, I'm not calling you "Susie" like we're fucking friends or something.

Hey, anyone remember the incident with B giving a ticket to the fool who locked herself out of her car?

/random

i find myself having to make sure i don't use the word "cock" in every day language. and especially when talking about the album. my brain really said to me, "wow, Magnificock," when i was watching Letterman last night. and then i was like, "i hope they play Cock Crazy tomorrow."

Funny, I was thinking, "I hope they don't play Cock Crazy and dispel the goodwill they've built up this week".

Funny, I was thinking, "I hope they don't play Cock Crazy and dispel the goodwill they've built up this week".

if you don't like "Cock Crazy" then you kiss with your mouth closed and you hate cherries on top of sundaes and warm puppies and freshly washed sheets with the highest thread count possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom