Shuttlecock! Part XI - We've got that swing of confidence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Dave is looking really old, thank you HD for pointing this out.

my damn recording cut off half-way through their performance - it sounded good but a little tame from what I could hear...

Was there any KNIFE CRIME? Did Dave say anything funny? At all?

Wow, Dave is looking really old, thank you HD for pointing this out.

my damn recording cut off half-way through their performance - it sounded good but a little tame from what I could hear...

Was there any KNIFE CRIME? Did Dave say anything funny? At all?

Not really. Dave hasn't been all that funny since, 1998?

Letterman always goes past the scheduled time. It's so annoying every single time I record it just for the musical guest. So I had to stay up and watch the damn thing.

I thought it was good but not as good as that performance from Paris. Or maybe it was just that Paris sounded better coming from my computer speakers than Letterman did from my TV (I'll have to compare it with youtube later). I think in general U2 are better anywhere but TV. Still, it was solid.

I didn't watch much late night tv during campaign season so I missed all that.

I guess it wasn't that hard to be funny during this campaign, though. :wink:

I went to the Letterman show a few times when I lived in NYC and I had the impression he was very weird. That was back in the old studio which was really small, but even in that intimate environment he was all business. No chatting with the audience during commercials, no chatting even with the guest during commercials. That was so weird to me - during commercials he'd just look at his notes and the guest would just sit there - and then the moment they went back on air it looked like they were best friends again and like they'd been schmoozing during the break. TV is a big fat lie, lol.

I guess it wasn't that hard to be funny during this campaign, though. :wink:

I went to the Letterman show a few times when I lived in NYC and I had the impression he was very weird. That was back in the old studio which was really small, but even in that intimate environment he was all business. No chatting with the audience during commercials, no chatting even with the guest during commercials. That was so weird to me - during commercials he'd just look at his notes and the guest would just sit there - and then the moment they went back on air it looked like they were best friends again and like they'd been schmoozing during the break. TV is a big fat lie, lol.

I remember watching the Larry Sanders show once and seeing that, and thinking, "is it really like that?" so after that, anytime I'd watch late night tv I'd always pay close attention when they'd go to commercial to see if the host and guest continued talking or not.

I tried to stay up but fell asleep. :|

:(

I think I collapsed right after it was over. :lol:

/oldlady

Christ, the Lance's Mom one cracked me up. My Screw one coming up is going to be pathetic by comparison, but I'm getting the hang of this though.

I don't know how to feel about the fact that my initials were on Lance's sweater.

Tuesdays being one of my long class days, I'm unable to make it out to by the album until about 4. I went ahead and ordered it on bestbuy.com for in-store pickup. It was on sale for $19.99 and my plan to use my $10 Reward Zone certificate went though. I paid a total of $10.81 for the double LP. Just about 66% off.

Take that, Scumbo.

Tuesdays being one of my long class days, I'm unable to make it out to by the album until about 4. I went ahead and ordered it on bestbuy.com for in-store pickup. It was on sale for $19.99 and my plan to use my $10 Reward Zone certificate went though. I paid a total of $10.81 for the double LP. Just about 66% off.

Take that, Scumbo.

checkmate

I think I'm going to "disappear" at work around 10 for 30 or 40 mins to go pick the album up. We'll see. I go to the gym during lunch, so I can't go then. Hopefully I can sneak out in the next 30 mins.

In summary:

album & working out > my job

I hope the vinyl includes a CD instead of a download. Some do, some don't.

You know who I haven't talked about in a while? Katy Perry.

i went to Borders shortly after it opened this morning, but all they had was display copies. so i'll go back around lunchtime.

so really exciting news from me, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom