Shuttlecock! Part X - Forfeit! Racquet Smash!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really have no use for the belly dancer in Mysterious Ways, but my god, that extended ending of the song from Zoo TV is pure sex musically.

Oh my. That shit is hot.

Chicago pizza could be the most overrated popular food item on the planet. Then again, I lived my first 26 years in NYC, so, there's of course going to be a bias there.

but what people from NYC are loath to admit is that New Haven, CT, actually has the best pizza in America.

followed by Providence, RI.

but NYC is third.

deal with it.

I did not intend to go back there, so, good thing you told me here.

I'll take the lead, but, you keep your eyes and ears open.

I will be listening to the radio tomorrow morning. :up: I hope the MIX doesn't have all the tickets.

The 5 Guys place in Lincoln Park isn't all that far from my sister's place. I'll have to give it a try.

Chicago pizza could be the most overrated popular food item on the planet. Then again, I lived my first 26 years in NYC, so, there's of course going to be a bias there.

As someone who lived in Chicago for 23 years, I can verify this. So pathetic to see the SECOND City defending their sad little claim to fame. That ain't fucking pizza--it's not supposed to be a fucking pie--and I like to be able to eat more than 2 pieces when I have pizza, thank you.

NY style FTMFW.

Chicago should stick to being proud of its hot dogs (as NSW mentioned), and ribs.

I really have no use for the belly dancer in Mysterious Ways, but my god, that extended ending of the song from Zoo TV is pure sex musically.

Oh my. That shit is hot.

Yep. I would actually say that's my favorite Edge solo of all time (not that one specifically, but any version of the extended outro solo during ZooTV usually does the trick for me).

Bullet and Love Is Blindness are just as good in my estimation. Edge was truly on fire at various points throughout that tour.

I'm going to deal with you.

With a knife.

i've never had pizza in NYC -- and as a born-and-raised Connecticutian with a mother from Brooklyn, so i've been a lot in my little life -- that's anywhere near as good as the pizza served at Pepe's and Sally's.

i was in fucking CAPRI off the coast of NAPLES (where there's lots of really dramatic KNIFE CRIME) and met a chef who went to goddamn New Haven to study how to make pizza.

i will say, however, that pizza in naples owned new haven. but that means it treats NYC pizza like Lance's mom.

The Laz Signal.

You rang?

fumustache.jpg

i've never had pizza in NYC -- and as a born-and-raised Connecticutian with a mother from Brooklyn, so i've been a lot in my little life -- that's anywhere near as good as the pizza served at Pepe's and Sally's.

i was in fucking CAPRI off the coast of NAPLES (where there's lots of really dramatic KNIFE CRIME) and met a chef who went to goddamn New Haven to study how to make pizza.

i will say, however, that pizza in naples owned new haven. but that means it treats NYC pizza like Lance's mom.

I'll concede that there could be one place, or two places, whose pizza rivals NYC's...sure....but, NYC has great pizza everywhere you go...you cannot avoid it.....and, in my youth, waltzing out of some Upper East Side Irish Pub at 2am was made all the more fun because fucking pizza places would be open then.

that DVD probably turned me into a superfan around 1994 or so.

It was Boston Elevation for me. I realize now that it was not a particularly great gig, but it seemed like the world's greatest musical achievement to me back in 2002. I saw a heavily-edited version on television to start with, but they showed Gone, Bad, and Walk On, and that was more than enough for me.

I'll concede that there could be one place, or two places, whose pizza rivals NYC's...sure....but, NYC has great pizza everywhere you go...you cannot avoid it.....and, in my youth, waltzing out of some Upper East Side Irish Pub at 2am was made all the more fun because fucking pizza places would be open then.

all of Southern Connecticut has great pizza. there's great pizza at the fucking New London mall.

i will say, though, that a friend of mine ran into Axl Rose at an NYC pizza joint. that doesn't happen in Southern Connecticut.

It was Boston Elevation for me. I realize now that it was not a particularly great gig, but it seemed like the world's greatest musical achievement to me back in 2002. I saw a heavily-edited version on television to start with, but they showed Gone, Bad, and Walk On, and that was more than enough for me.

it as also the WOWY on the Dublin 1989 bootlegs that blew my shit out. Edge did some super amazing, transcendent, sky-busting solo that he's never really done since and then i got my "shine like stars" extra verse and that sent my 15 year old brain into an overload that it really hasn't recovered from since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom