Shuttlecock! Part X - Forfeit! Racquet Smash!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bono, you were saying ... you think that Chris Martin is up there with the likes of Paul McCartney?"

"Yeah, I think he's that good of a melodist. I mean, he's, you know, he's a wanker..."

poor Chrissy Martin is going to be crying into his pillow tonight. :sad:

but seriously, did something happen? i though the two kind of liked each other or had some sort of mutual respect.

maybe Boner is starting fights. that would be cool -- wouldn't it be fun to have a sort of "Legends Of Rock" version of, like, Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or whatever the hell it is that the kids play these days. Chris Martin would be like that guy from Indian with the long stretchy arms (or would that be Sting?) and Bono would probably be like Baraka and Bjork would be all Chun-Li on that shit. and Macca could be M. Bison.

Yeah, I listened to that shit live last night. He also called Martin a "dysfunctional character and a cretin."

It really is a shame that he went and said he was joking afterward.

It's not really Bono's style to call someone out like that, the second I read it I assumed it was him being sarcastic.

That's what I thought. But many a truth is spoken in jest. :wink:

Much as I don't like Coldplay's music, Martin seems like a good guy, hardly worthy of badmouthing in the press. Not that I would know.

That's what I thought. But many a truth is spoken in jest. :wink:

Much as I don't like Coldplay's music, Martin seems like a good guy, hardly worthy of badmouthing in the press. Not that I would know.

He gets ripped a lot....but, I don't know....to me, he seems like a dorky freaking guy who hit it big, and who has not at all become any less dorky. He does not seem mean spirited or douchey, so, love or hate his music or his fawning over certain artists, I just can't really find it in me to dislike the guy.

I just listened to Winter.

Should've been on the album.

We agree, Pedroia. Not in place of anything, but, just somewhere in there. But, via the miracle of technology, I can and likely will add it to my version of the album down the road. For now, I stick with the album as the band intended people to hear it.

Apparently Bono revealed on the Jonathan Ross show that Get On Your Boots is East African slang for "wear a condom"

Kinda puts a new spin on that song, huh?

Yeah, something useful for all of us. More than I can say for that lazy ass Mrs. Boner.

i don't see why Mrs. Boner doesn't start a blog detailing the very best places to purchase EDUN in the south of france, and where to lunch afterwards.

thanks for nothing, Ali. jesus. you'd think she'd be aware that the burden of aristocracy is responsibility.

for shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom