Shuttlecock! Part X - Forfeit! Racquet Smash!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cock Part II

Don't believe in tennis
Don't believe it's ball
But the game is not the same
Without the nets they made up
Don't believe in racquets
Bigger than your head
Don't believe in short shorts
Sunburn on my leg is red
I ... I believe in 'Cock

Don't believe in do-overs
Don't believe in faults
But every time I fuck up a serve
I have my second thoughts
Don't believe in Sampras,
Serena and the gang
Don't believe in Agassi
Or Federer's handband
I ... I believe in 'Cock

Don't believe in bounces
Gotta play it in the air
Tennis let's you play those
And I think that's unfair
Don't believe what they tell me
That they're in better shape
I'll show you every band-aid
Every wrist I've had to tape
I ... I believe in 'Cock

Don't believe in McEnroe
His type are like a curse
Instant karma's gonna get him
If I don't get him first
Don't believe that tennis
Can really change the world
Serves too high in the air
With their spirals and turns
I ... I believe in 'Cock

Don't believe the 90s
Were the years they were on top
Shuttlecock's been better
Since the first birdie ever dropped
Heard Stu Scott on the radio
Shoutin', "Tennis, BOO YEAH!"
I smashed it with my racquet
Shouting, "What an EPIC FAIL!"
I ... I believe in 'Cock

I feel like I'm serving
Serving it across
It always stops next to the line
Can't remember when I've lost
I ... I believe in 'Cock

That was fucking difficult.

New ground has been forged. Bravo. Welcome to the hallowed fraternity of true Cockscribers.

I think I might like "Winner" more than the vast minority majority of the album.

I think all that's out there is a YouTube video/version of it, and the MP3 is from the YouTube video, so the quality isn't that great.

... but since I'm not not listening to it yet, I can neither confirm nor deny. ;)

I think there's an audio 'leak' of Linear. Go to megarapidsearch, and search "U2 Winter", and it's supposedly the 2nd link down. I'm trying to d/l now-it's about 58 minutes, though I only heard the Winter leak once this morning. Can't even remember it. Too much other cockamamie crap going on :happy:

There needs to be a daily update/recap of what's going on in the world of Shuttlecock! Which Cock Forcer is in charge of publicity?

I just downloaded that Linear audio as well. It's one, long 58-minute track. But hey. It'll do until someone more industrious uploads a better-sounding, divided version.

I just watched the Vertigo Milan concert in HD thanks to that Comcast On Demand thingy. It was very cool, I'd never seen it in its entirety. Even though it's short, I think it's a much better concert film than the Vertigo Chicago DVD. I love watching concerts in HD, and there were moments in this film that were stunning...when they would pan out and show the whole crowd swaying back and forth in unison. And, of course, the Boner was his usual hammy self. The girl he brought up on stage with him during All I Want Is You looked terrified the entire time, by the way.

The concert made me think of something, though. While there are a handful of songs on NLOTH that I really do adore, I don't think I love any of them at this point as much as I loved City of Blinding Lights when that album first came out. Shit, that song was awesome, still is, but watching it live again kinda brought me back to that feeling I had when HTDAAB dropped. It was the first semester of my Freshman year in college, and it was the first U2 album to be released since I had become a huge, obsessed fan.

I don't know where I'm going with this...maybe saying that City of Blinding Lights is better than anything on NLOTH? I don't know. The more you see, the less you know, I guess.

I tend to agree with Gaffer that COBL felt more (equally?) special to me on first listen than anything on NLOTH, and I still love it, but I would much rather listen to NLOTH1, Magnificent, or Breathe right now. :shrug:

Today was a pretty slow day for cock, apparently.

And nice work, PFan. I was considering working on this recently but I'm glad you took over, because I never would have thought to work in Stu Scott and "Epic fail". Brilliant.

I understand your feeling about City of Winding Serves, GAF, but is that reaction possibly because it's like the ONLY epic track on Atomic Serve? I still love the album (not one song on there I dislike), but it all goes down pretty smoothly. No Net is FILLED with shit as epic as COWS, so none of them stand out as much. Plus, they all sound a lot better production-wise.

Hopefully that made sense.

I like COWS but not nearly as much as everyone else. I like all but maybe 2-3 songs on NNOTH a lot better than COWS. That's just me. :shrug:

I don't know where I'm going with this...maybe saying that City of Blinding Lights is better than anything on NLOTH? I don't know. The more you see, the less you know, I guess.

it's like that with Cock -- whenever they seem to walk away, walk away, i stop and decide that, you know, i guess i will follow.

I like COWS but not nearly as much as everyone else. I like all but maybe 2-3 songs on NNOTH a lot better than COWS. That's just me. :shrug:

COWS moved me to tears the three times i saw the Verticock tour. just little happy tears, the whole -- oh, this totally now legitimizes all the time i've spent alone in my room with the Cock, all that private time, when your dad knocks on your door and he's all, "what are you doing in there?" and you're all like, "uh, homework, dad."

when you've got Cock live and in person, when it's finally happening to you, all those years alone in your room wondering -- "when is it going to happen for me? when will i be with a big Boner and thousands of people are cheering?" -- suddenly it all becomes worth it.

What the hell is In N Out?

I can't keep up with the news as it's so rare among all the other anal rapery.

So we're just talking about burgers? I thought it was something Shuttlecock related, you damn cock gobblers.

I know this fast food will do me no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom