Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cori, nicely done on still holding out.

My first time was special, even though it was two weeks earlier than anticipated.

I am still very much liking the album and doubt that will change.

Fez-Being Born and Breathe remain my two favorites, with NLOTH and Magnificent following, then Unknown Caller and Crazy Tonight.

Cori, nicely done on still holding out.

My first time was special, even though it was two weeks earlier than anticipated.

That's cool. I'm glad you're digging it. I've been really liking seeing the Cock Gang's reactions. (and yes, some of the reactions in The Other Place as well) There's a great balance of enthusiasm and reality that's helping to keep my expectations from getting beyond ridiculous.

I like staring at your avatar. I stop looking right as I'm on the brink of going insane.

Me too. I look at it and then laugh, and then think "...wait. What IS that thing?" and it starts to look a little horrifying.

I still haven't caved. :wave:

One week and one day to go - I can make it from here, no problem. Tomorrow I'm going to listen to the alternate NLOTH, but that's it.

I have the idea in my head of how I want to hear the record for the first time, and that's what I'm going to do. It's not about depriving myself or some weird ploy to get attention here or anything else.

:)

Champagne, candles, rose petals and a stack of fresh batteries.

Sounds romantic.

Fez-Being Born and Breathe remain my two favorites

After getting over the fact that the first 4 songs are multiple orgasmic and that I hadn't felt this way about any U2 song in more than a decade, these two started to get my attention and have quickly becoming favorites. Fez-Being Born is just stunning.

I honestly either like or love every song. Every song has something that draws me in. White as Snow is probably my least favorite but even it has a moment or two.

It's so fun to be a huge fan again. I seriously wondered after the last record.

I really, really like/love every song on the record except Unknown Caller, Crazy Tonight, and Boots. Those I just really like moments of, but they aren't great as a whole.

After getting over the fact that the first 4 songs are multiple orgasmic and that I hadn't felt this way about any U2 song in more than a decade,

Oh, yeah. That's the stuff right there. Keep the comments coming, people. It only makes me stronger as I wait until next Tuesday.

:drool:

Oh, yeah. That's the stuff right there. Keep the comments coming, people. It only makes me stronger as I wait until next Tuesday.

:drool:

There was a moment on Friday somewhere on I-10 in West Texas near the Mexico border, where I really wanted to pull over, take my clothes off, and dance on the roof of the car to Magnificock but I feared drawing the unwanted attention of legal cocks and truck drivers.

Here are a few selections from Shuttlecock's much-loved debut, Ball Boy:

An Cock Dubh

Say good luck
She waits for me to
Return the cock
Plays with nerve
She tries to break my serve

Yes, if I know the score... how 'bout you?

Under arena lights
A fault? What is this, amateur night?
And when match is done
She makes a shuttlecock pun

Yes, if I know the score... how 'bout you?

Into the Net

Into the net
Into the net...crowd goes wild
I play awhile...oh, I can come back
Into the net...crowd goes wild
Spectators smile
I can go there

Into the net
Into the net, crowd goes wild
I can run back
I can lob awhile

The Birdie

A tourney in May, shuttling away
Racquet sport... on the court
And I felt like the star
I thought that our team would go far
If they ran my plays instead

The birdie, the birdie
Kisses the court
Falls just in front of my shoes

On the leaderboard
Other team had just scored
Racquet sport... on the court

From shuttler to foe
In one match, ref lets go
A fault that isn't known
Shuttler to foe

If you cheat...won't avoid knife crime
Cheat...won't avoid knife crime
Cheat...won't avoid knife crime

Get it right
There's no cock finer than goose
Watch how I play
Rules as simple as Lance's Mom is loose

:applaud:

Cockropa is serving 1.000 at this point.

I'm currently working on the title track but I hit a bit of a wall. May lob it over to you, impy.

You know what I think would be cool is if you guys went and rewrote a bunch of old U2 songs by changing the lyrics to reflect a Badminton theme.

After getting over the fact that the first 4 songs are multiple orgasmic and that I hadn't felt this way about any U2 song in more than a decade, these two started to get my attention and have quickly becoming favorites. Fez-Being Born is just stunning.

I honestly either like or love every song. Every song has something that draws me in. White as Snow is probably my least favorite but even it has a moment or two.

It's so fun to be a huge fan again. I seriously wondered after the last record.

We're pretty much in the exact same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom