Shuttlecock! Part IV - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Cock Crazy Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. Very very excited. :hyper:

A quick glance through some of the other reviews yesterday and all I absorbed was "glorious madness" which almost made me very excited.

I love it already just based on the fact that the site is called Perfectly Cromulent.

It doesn't please me when descriptions open with "Shuttlecock have been listening to Kings of Leon" or "Shuttlecock have been listening to The Killers".

It doesn't please me when descriptions open with "Shuttlecock have been listening to Kings of Leon" or "Shuttlecock have been listening to The Killers".

Well, things like that are easy for lazy writers to type, and ironic, since those two bands have obviously been listening to the Cock lately.

Someone said they thought it was a girl who wrote it.

And I don't mind The Killers/KOL references if it just means they're rocking with a bit more looseness than the contrived (but still pleasurable) Squirtigo.

It hypes it to the extreme (or is that XTREEME? :hmm: ) but the guy is clearly a fan who wasn't who didn’t like the last two albums, in fact, he sounds like he could fit in with the rest of us cocks pretty well...

Well, I liked How to Dismantle an Atomic Cock, and still do, but that being said....if the guy disliked the last two, then he's at least a little bit objective with his thoughts on the band.

Okay, I think I'm in love. From her Boots review:

"Oh! Suffered has the U2 fan! You know what really sucked this past decade (apart from the obvious?) The last two U2 albums. Can we all just admit that now? If I wanted to hear watered down versions of the Joshua Tree (which I do not), then I assume that is what Coldplay is for. In short, if you liked those two albums, you will likely hate Get On Your Boots. Which is great! There’s still plenty of Keane tickets for you."

Okay, I think I'm in love. From her Boots review:

"Oh! Suffered has the U2 fan! You know what really sucked this past decade (apart from the obvious?) The last two U2 albums. Can we all just admit that now? If I wanted to hear watered down versions of the Joshua Tree (which I do not), then I assume that is what Coldplay is for. In short, if you liked those two albums, you will likely hate Get On Your Boots. Which is great! There’s still plenty of Keane tickets for you."

This does nothing to really make me like her. I like the Bomb, and like Boots. :shrug:

But, hey, she at least mimics the smarmy type of writing that's completely ubiquitous these days. More matter, less art, honey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom