Shuttlecock! Part IV - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Cock Crazy Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to god, I need a restraining order between me and WTAHAN. Every time I go in there I want to break something.

We should have a poll for the most inane thread created in there. My new favorite:

"Why Do U2 Take So Long To Make/Release A New Album?"

:censored::scream::banghead:

I like the threads like "Will we ever hear Tripoli or Every Breaking Wave?" which ask the question as if someone here actually could tell them definitively yes or no.

That's like half the fucking threads! If they're not repetitious they're rhetorical.

Maybe they're waiting for a Fake Hedge to come in and answer the questions definitively.

Yeah, I'm gonna need a leather jacket for when I'm on my hog and need to go into a controlled slide.

I'm very skeptical about this guy coming in and reporting all these things that "so and so at Universal" reportedly says. That they're "worried" and the album will be "soft" with critics, or whatever.

Dude. Who the fuck are you? Go away and quit riling up the riffraff.

Yeah, I realized anything I really wanted to say was going to get me a mod warning. I'm not saying this place should be turned into a police state, but I don't think it would be out of line for a mod to just tell the guy to shuttle the cock up and lock the thread. A little quality control would go a long way.

Secondhand (or thirdhand) information like that, especially the kind that's just opinion and is already subjective in nature ("it's going to land soft"), is worth a handful of dog poop.

You guys take a look there... there's a new thread... :cute:

And btw, Shuttlecock??!! WTF???
:wink:

I just made myself a new BFF in bonoz. He (?) even PMd me to retort to my eye-roll, as WELL as in the thread! I feel so special.

Edit: Breaking news! We've declared a truce and now I feel bad for saying anything. Huzzah for everything!

Good evening, Shuttlecockians. I'm back from seeing my school get beat in the last seconds in heartbreaking fashion (again) and I'm ready to talk Shuttlecock rather than start reading for tomorrow's gauntlet of classes. Alcohol has certainly facilitated that sentiment.

I'm still laughing that I got into a mini-internet slapfight with bonoz and then had both of us declaring truce after, like, five minutes. Fastest resolution of an internet slapfight ever!

I miss out on all the fun altercations by refusing to sift through all the bullshit in there.

You don't have to. We'll just report back to you.

And I totally even missed that guy's other misspelling - youbube.

Between that and a three-year-old post by Chizip in an "oral sex in lyrics" thread, I haven't laughed this hard in months!

Between that and a three-year-old post by Chizip in an "oral sex in lyrics" thread, I haven't laughed this hard in months!

Were you sleeping during the entire inaugural Shuttlecock! thread?

Easily the most I've laughed during my stint here.

I laughed, but not so hard that I cried. But that's one of those things where I have to be in just that right mood for that to happen.

I'm sure I'll look back at "youbube" and Chizip's post and think "Huh. Not really that funny, come to think of it."

Search his other posts. They're totally normal. :der: He must be high tonite.

I like to think that he was just so damned excited by what he saw on YouTube that he got all crazy in a wonderful sort of way.

So much so that he randomly put a :applaud: smiley in the middle of his sentence.

At one time, I was vaguely annoyed by the Space Moon thing. I can't even tell you why; it was just one of those things.

Now it makes me laugh to find references to it all over the board, even though I'm not even remotely involved with it.

Just Space Moon it, bro.

Do you have a link to that first thread that made you laugh so?

I like the shuttlecock thread, of course, but it never quite made me laugh as hard as some other threads. Cock jokes are only funny for so long, I guess. :shrug:

I'm perusing the original Space Moon thread now. I forgot I even posted a little in it at the start!

It was just an interesting combo of people, some of whom, at the time, I hardly knew....and it was just so random.....and Axver's presence was awesome, etc. I'm sure to others, the thread is not at all funny, but when Admiral Ackbar's head pops up on Warren Moon's body, with no warning, you're in a special thread.

I like the shuttlecock thread, of course, but it never quite made me laugh as hard as some other threads. Cock jokes are only funny for so long, I guess. :shrug:

I guess I never thought of it as mere cock jokes. Truly, there were plenty to be had. But the best were when it tied into Shuttlecock, culminating in laz rewriting lyrics and everyone else coming up with badminton themed song titles.

I think people began to think of Shuttlecock being more about cock and less about badminton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom