Shuttlecock! Part III - Just the Cock and the Shuttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even Pitchfork called it a non-event, so it must not be a case of "Shuttlecock shitting on the little guy."

But apparently even the first band to use it, it's not their image per se - it's the artist's. So it's not like Shuttlecock is swiping it from the other band.

And since no one has ever heard of this other band, I'd say it's a matter of "Hey, do you know how much publicity we'd get if we bitch about Shuttlecock copying us?"

Hello cocksuckers, I am trying to wrap my head around the so-called album artwork controversy. So I guess someone used this non-original image and somehow U2 using it is a crime of some sort? So re-using the image is a problem? I have no idea, I am out of the time loop.

I didn't go back to check part 2, but do we know yet, if the title track No Net on the Horizon is the punk song or the more adventurous one?

I can totally see the other guy's POV on this. Whatsisname has an album out with that album cover, but now one the biggest bands on the planet has a new album coming out with the same damn cover. I'd be a little peeved.

I wonder if Shuttlecock saw the image on this band's album first? Or if they were aware of the photographer's image first and used it without even knowing it'd been used before.

... since no one ever in the history of the world had ever heard of this other band, I'm going with the latter.

edit: a-ha, I see you agree with me. Excellent.

We're thinking it's the punk version, but one of the listings for the album somewhere has a track #12 listed as "No Net on the Horizon (alt. version)".

And while I don't think using the image again is a crime, it certainly takes away from the originality of it. The question is, did the artist tell them it had been licensed before, or did he just cash in and keep silent?

And while I don't think using the image again is a crime, it certainly takes away from the originality of it. The question is, did the artist tell them it had been licensed before, or did he just cash in and keep silent?

I was wondering that, too.

Yeah, I don't know why Corbijn couldn't have shot some original horzion stuff.
An odd choice. Wasn't the video on U2.com a pretty cool picture in and of itself?

I am hoping the No Net (alt version) sees the light of day.

How the fuck did I miss that thread? I'm still not ready for Scott Walker.

Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive...
Trying to make a Rush joke here, been sick the last few days, brain not working.

Which thread is this? Link please. Or point me in the Di-rection.
Cock cock cock.

I didn't go back to check part 2, but do we know yet, if the title track No Net on the Horizon is the punk song or the more adventurous one?

Here's a Daniel Cocknois quote from an interview that Alan Cross posted on his blog -

DL: The first few songs on the CD are pretty magical. In fact, “No line on the Horizon,” the title song, is a fantastic mixture of hand played instruments; everybody really going for it. It’s kind of like science fiction rock and roll.

It’s definitely an incredible piece, and I can’t wait for you to hear it.

There is another one called “Being Born,” which again has that kind of band vitality. It's one of my favorite pieces on the new record for sure.

Hand played? Science fiction cock and roll? Sounds cool, but I don't know if it's enough to determine whether it's the "punk" version or not.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/scott-walkers-u2-adores-him-new-album-159989-4.html

Witness him call Joyfulgirl, "Large Marge", a couple years ago. While in retrospect, this thread is actually kinda classic now, I don't think I ever forgave him for it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I quit that thread (possibly that forum) before I ever saw that. I forgot all about that little exchange. That is hysterical. That made my day.* I was sitting here thinking I didn't know anything about this guy.

*I am the only one allowed to think this is funny.

Nevermind, I see the link from scumbo

My functions are't at 100%

Forgive me. I still don't know why these homosexuals are suckin'my cock.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I quit that thread (possibly that forum) before I ever saw that. I forgot all about that little exchange. That is hysterical. That made my day. I was sitting here thinking I didn't know anything about this guy.

When he started doing all the Rush threads, I remember thinking to myself, "How do I know this guy, and why do I think I hate him?" Somehow I realized he was THAT guy.

Shouldn't a video for the single start making the rounds? Since the single has been released, we've been kinda left hanging. That said shuttlecock.com didn't realise it was out on iTunes till today...

Here's a Daniel Cocknois quote from an interview that Alan Cross posted on his blog -

DL: The first few songs on the CD are pretty magical. In fact, “No line on the Horizon,” the title song, is a fantastic mixture of hand played instruments; everybody really going for it. It’s kind of like science fiction rock and roll.

It’s definitely an incredible piece, and I can’t wait for you to hear it.

There is another one called “Being Born,” which again has that kind of band vitality. It's one of my favorite pieces on the new record for sure.

Hand played? Science fiction cock and roll? Sounds cool, but I don't know if it's enough to determine whether it's the "punk" version or not.

Science fiction rock and roll.
Christ on a bike, we have a winner!!!!

*I am the only one allowed to think this is funny.

For added entertainment, read the first few posts. Watch me come into the thread and actually give a half hearted attempt to show interest in Scott Walker's most recent album, and he essentially tells me I the spawn of Satan for not immediately thinking it was the best thing that has ever been created by a human.

Humorously, I did actually buy that album, and I could never let myself enjoy it because of what a jerk he was in that thread. He did a great job making a number of people completely uninterested in Scott Walker with that doosie.

When he started doing all the Rush threads, I remember thinking to myself, "How do I know this guy, and why do I think I hate him?" Somehow I realized he was THAT guy.

Well, thank you for holding a grudge on my behalf. :hug:

Okay, back to cock rock. What are we talking about again? :scratch:

I'm seriously considering gettng a Shuttlecock shirt to wear to any shows I go to.

Grassroots, bitches.

I've read two different Last Hedge threads in the last few minutes, seperated by nearly 3 years (in terms of when they were posted) and fucking Dalton cracked my ass up in both of them.

Corky...wow.
And then the Che remark, firing squads.

So there you go Dalton, there's your compliment for 2009.
Smoke up Johnny.

Humorously, I did actually buy that album, and I could never let myself enjoy it because of what an jerk he was in that thread. He did a great job making a number of people completely uninterested in Scott Walker with that doosie.

This is like Muldfeld with Battlestar Galactica, IMO.

Christ... to be so obnoxious about something...

Like Laz's Harem lady, Shuttlecock Girl.

I just started reading that old Scott Walker thread. Fifth post in, and he has this to say:

Might be a bad start for you though because I'm a little sick in the head...

You don't say ...

Because of that song thread that's right next to this one I keed reading this as (What's so funny 'bout) Shuttlecock!

Shouldn't a video for the single start making the rounds? Since the single has been released, we've been kinda left hanging. That said shuttlecock.com didn't realise it was out on iTunes till today...

Buried somewhere in the last few pages, I mentioned there's a Universal Music website in Finland that says it's debuting on the 29th.

Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive...
Trying to make a Rush joke here, been sick the last few days, brain not working.

Which thread is this? Link please. Or point me in the Di-rection.
Cock cock cock.

Scumbo dislikes Rush. I like Rush. I'll fight him, is my point.

Buried somewhere in the last few pages, I mentioned there's a Universal Music website in Finland that says it's debuting on the 29th.

Ahh cheers:up:

There has been so little fanfare from the band, it's just been odd. It's a bit like they are giving people time to digest Get On Your Boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom