Shuttlecock! Part III - Just the Cock and the Shuttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot WAIT for my spankin' new headphones to get here so I can have a little Shuttlecock listening party and marvel at the miraculous sound.

This has probably been the longest no-Shuttlecock (or at least very little, like a song here or there) stretch for me in a long, long time.

I like feeling excited again. :)

I don't want to speak for Bonochick, but back again to what I pointed out in the beginning.. if its mostly chatting, the thread really belongs in OOC. To the average random person that opens this thread, it appears to be a chat thread. I really don't think any of you can deny that. I totally understand the purpose of the thread, but when the discussion is just filled with cock this and cock that, it just doesn't appear to be of a musical nature.

Exactly.

I understand that threads can get a bit derailed and include off-topic discussion. However, if your topic requires a Part III, then I'd hope that I'd at least see some on-topic discussion right out the gate.

Gotta love WTAHAN.

So apparently now I'm disingenuous and hypocritical. :lol:

I cant wait to hear the rest of the CD. I want to prove everyone wrong.

People often confuse opinion with fact...not me though i'm just always right:wink:

Anyway Sicy your doing a good job at keeping the madness at bay:up:

I hate all those declarations that 'the band is dead' or some of them seem to becoming close to calling them 'sellouts'...exactly at what point did this occur, as I would say U2 lost their indie cred many moons ago.

You just wouldn't expect to hear those claims around here.

In my opinion, there's nothing more pathetic than people who are members that haven't liked anything the band has done in ages. Why bother putting so much time into something that, for you, is a distant memory? They're all just minor trolls.

And in outside-Interference land, some friend of mine had a status update on Facebook that was like "...doesn't like the new Shuttlecock single." A couple of her friends commented underneath that they agreed, one saying it was unlistenable. I told them they were all EPIC FAIL, and then the original person said she had really stopped listening to them after The Unforgettable Cock. And I thought to myself, well then who gives a fuck what you think of the single?! You haven't liked them for 25 years! And you took the time to tell the world what you thought of their new stuff?

People are stupid.

People should have to pass some sort of sanity test before they are allowed to have an opinion, like a driving test and you get penalty points for any nonsense you spout:hmm:

I don't want to speak for Bonochick, but back again to what I pointed out in the beginning.. if its mostly chatting, the thread really belongs in OOC. To the average random person that opens this thread, it appears to be a chat thread. I really don't think any of you can deny that. I totally understand the purpose of the thread, but when the discussion is just filled with cock this and cock that, it just doesn't appear to be of a musical nature.

I don't see how that is true. Most of the people in here are accomplished Meat Whistle players. It's a wind instrument.

In my opinion, there's nothing more pathetic than people who are members that haven't liked anything the band has done in ages. Why bother putting so much time into something that, for you, is a distant memory? They're all just minor trolls.

More tickets for the rest of us cocksuckers. :hyper:

What movie are we talking about that will have one of the new songs?

I admittedly don't know the real titles of the songs well enough to ever know what you guys are talking about when you use all the cock talk.

:love: elfa

Haven't played any shuttlecock today. Must remedy that soon. Heard it randomly on the radio last night, I was shocked!

I cannot WAIT for my spankin' new headphones to get here so I can have a little Shuttlecock listening party and marvel at the miraculous sound.

This has probably been the longest no-Shuttlecock (or at least very little, like a song here or there) stretch for me in a long, long time.

I like feeling excited again. :)

[audiogeek]
I am highly susceptible to the power of suggestion. I just ordered the SR225 (the only reason I got these instead of the SR80 is because I've never seen them cheaper than $200 but got them for $160 shipped - sweet!). From what I hear they're the perfect rock headphone. We shall see.

To answer your question about the sound of the SR60s (from waaay back in the other thread), they were great - lively, good balance, kind of up-front sound that sounds great with rock/pop. My ears just started getting sore after 15 minutes.[/audiogeek]

I blasted GOYC on the speakers last night. This song really comes to life at high volume. :up: I doubt it's ever going to become a favorite of mine, but it is fun, catchy little thing. Should be a blast live, though.

Sexy Shuttlecock Boots?

sexyshuttlecockboots.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom