Shuttlecock! Part 2 - No Net on the Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind what I said about a potential full leak. This radio program has been playing that as a teaser all day it seems.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to stay out of the various threads after the album inevitably leaks. I definitely don't want to hear the leak, and I'm not even sure I want to hear people's reactions.

Already reading people's reactions to the various snippets is making me a little :crazy:

A quick attempt -

The future needs a big kiss, winds blow with a twist
never seen the moonlight, ?? can you see too ??
Eyes swollen everywhere, rockets at the ? fun fair ?
Satan loves a bomb scare, but it won't scare you

I don't know. I'm sure dozens of people in WTAHAN have tried to decipher that shit, but I come to one place and one place only regarding the new stuff. Shuttlecock 4eva!

I'm wondering if I'll be able to stay out of the various threads after the album inevitably leaks. I definitely don't want to hear the leak, and I'm not even sure I want to hear people's reactions.

Already reading people's reactions to the various snippets is making me a little :crazy:

All the cock jokes aside, that's why this thread could be great. I don't give a flying fuck about what most people think of the band's output, but, I would be interested in discussing the album in here with people that love U2 but are also sane, or at least mostly sane.

That's just 22 seconds, that snippet, but I can honestly say that I liked it a lot. :shrug:

The reactions are some of the most ridiculous things. Either this is the best thing U2 have ever done or it is the WORST. Oh and don't forget to make sure to mention at least 5 different songs that it reminds you of in your review either.

Your review of the 22 second clip.

The crazy factor is gone from this place, which is awesome. But if it leaks, I think it'll be talked about here, so I'll still have to go into hiding.

Oh, my self-control just isn't that strong. Help me, Obi Wan Cocknobi! You're my only hope! :pray:

Is it, or is it not going to be officially released Monday? Will you listen to that Cori? It's not TOO long to wait.

Oh, yeah - I'm all over the single.

I think that's what I did with the last album. I heard the single and managed to avoid everything else, even when one of the local stations was playing one of the new songs every hour on the hour for the days leading up to the album release date. I was sooo tempted, but don't think I heard anything but Vertigo going into it.

I just don't want to listen early with a leak for a big fancy release like this one. I want a good listening experience and want to avoid any bickering/bitching/preconceived notions of it. I want the unsullied experience when it comes out. ;)

Oh, yeah - I'm all over the single.

I think that's what I did with the last album. I heard the single and managed to avoid everything else, even when one of the local stations was playing one of the new songs every hour on the hour for the days leading up to the album release date. I was sooo tempted, but don't think I heard anything but Vertigo going into it.

I just don't want to listen early with a leak for a big fancy release like this one. I want a good listening experience and want to avoid any bickering/bitching/preconceived notions of it. I want the unsullied experience when it comes out. ;)

Yeah, I broke my promise to myself and did listen to the leaks of GOYB that have come out in the last couple days, and I'll probably end up listening to the full thing when it leaks, but that's it! No more lol. Cause I did listen to some leaks for Bomb, and it really kinda killed the experience for me.

All I've heard are those two muffled snippets from that Seattle DJ. I liked what I heard in the first one and couldn't really make out anything in the second - I only listened to them once. I haven't heard the beach clips or seen any of the videos from U2.com, so I think I'm pretty unspoiled.

I could drive fast to that song. :shifty:

I have a feeling you could drive fast to ANY song.

I'm surprised to have seen all the negative comments about Crumbs From Your Table, as it was and still is, easily one of my favorites from the last album. I suppose we all have our own reasons for liking or disliking certain songs on an album as divisive as the last one, but I felt like it was one of the only songs that wasn't produced into the ground, and thus actually had some sort of rock left in it. I like the guitar a great deal, and it has some of the only lyrical symbolism in the album that I don't mind. Then again, I do have a degree in international politics, so I could be biased. :hmm:

I'm happy with the clip. (then again, I was happy with Vertigo at first too....)

By the way, I'm also really glad that I won't be the only person who's going to try to limit themselves to the single (and associated b-sides) before the album's release. Of course, if they perform new songs on something like Saturday Night Live again, I'm certainly not going to avoid watching something like that...

Yeah, that's pretty much my philosophy too. Leaks = bad, performances and first single = acceptable for listening enjoyment.

I remember wasting an entire night getting All That You Can't Leave Behind off of Napster when it leaked, using the classic "I'm going to buy it when it comes out anyway" excuse.. While it was fun at the time, it made the actual album release day a let down.

By the way, I'm also really glad that I won't be the only person who's going to try to limit themselves to the single (and associated b-sides) before the album's release. Of course, if they perform new songs on something like Saturday Night Live again, I'm certainly not going to avoid watching something like that...

I'm doing the same, and, agreed on Crumbs. I love that song, easily my favorite from that album. And, I don't piss all over that album, either. I like it more than your average interlander. To each their own, yes?

I like Crumbs quite a bit. I actually like the whole album quite a bit. I think my main problem with the album is its sound. Some of it just doesn't sound good to my ears, which is incredibly frustrating. I think it's a collection of some really good songs, a few I don't care for, and a decent U2 album. It's not their best, it's not their worst.

I think ATYCLB is a better all-over album, although I think overall there are more songs I love on HTDAAB than on the former. It's weird.

I think it depends on when the leak comes out. If it's a few weeks from now, I'll be able to wait till March, but if it's earlier than that, it'll be difficult to avoid.

I don't know who Tim Tebow is.

tebowcreation.jpg

Aces not just for the ones who kneel, luckily.

I have no idea if "ace" is a term that's also used in badminton or not.

It's in the Top 3 for me, but "City of Blinding Lights" is my favorite... probably more due to sentiment than anything else.

If it sounded like the live version, it would be my favorite, but the drums in the studio version are really weak. I still rank that number two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom