Shuttlecock IX: Romi and Miss Sil's Line Rules Disunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, 9:35 it is, once I've had my weekly fix of Paul Barry being awesome and smug. OK, this is the playlist I've made. In brackets is the tracklist number of the song on the 2nd disc of the Boy remaster.

1. Out Of Control early (7)
2. Stories For Boys early (8)
3. Boy/Girl (9)
4. Another Day (10)
5. Twilight early (11)
6. 11OTT (2)
7. Touch (3)
8. A Day Without Me (from the Boy album)
9. Things to Make and Do (6)
10. I Will Follow alt version (1)
11. Boy/Girl live (12)
12-22. Boy album in full
23. Fire riff (12th and final track of Boy on the first disc of the remaster)
24. Speed of Life (4)
25. Saturday Night (5)
26. 11OTT live (13)
27. Cartoon World (14)

23-27 are more "if we feel like it" tracks than anything.

I'll pass this time out. Have fun. At my parents place just chillin.

Paul Barry was being a bit of a transphobic arsehole on twitter this week. Not a big fan of his. He's no JHolmes

9:35 is cool, my bedtime these days is like 2am so whatever works for me.

Kieran?

Thanks but I might skirt around this one. Got a book on the go and also I don't have strong opinions about the Boy era. Also I can't drink right now for medicinal reasons and it's fucking wearing me out.

Paul Barry was being a bit of a transphobic arsehole on twitter this week.

Really?

Not a big fan of his. He's no JHolmes

See, I was nervous when Holmes left but for me it's been a seamless transition.

At least he's better than Charlie Pickering?

(I don't actually watch the ABC, but I watched The Weekly because I know someone who writes for it. I want a refund for my time.)

Oh man is The Weekly bad. I miss Mad As Hell something shocking.

Let's do this. *hitsplay*

I haven't heard the U2:3 versions of OOC or SFB in fucking ages.

I can't help but feel Edge comes across the better vocalist here.

I love how nowadays U2 are all "our first single, Out of Control!" and completely forget the other two tracks exist.

Can't believe the band singing this early SFB is now a global rock juggernaut. This sounds like an artefact from a random forgotten post-punk band.

Fair fucks to them, Out of Control 1979 is "a good post-punk single from some Irish teenagers", whereas Out Of Control 1980 is "a good song, bar none."

What the hell was with the ending of Stories For Boys, is this a fucking Rush song with the comedy cowbells?

"I open doors so I can shut your face/Know your place".

Can somebody please remind Bono of this lyric in an interview? It would be priceless.

Oh man the stupid noises Bono makes over Edge's solo in Boy/Girl! :lmao:

Now Another Day, here's a song almost totally forgotten even by hyper-fans, and honestly even by the band themselves a few months later in 1980.

It's really obvious how much better of a musician Edge is; the little hiccups that the rhythm section stumble over really hurt the song's momentum.

It's really glaring isn't it? Did Edge even have any guitar lessons? I know Larry did, and that Adam was self-taught, but I can't recall if Edge is self-taught or not.

Not sure, I haven't read U2 by U2 in years.

For some reason, Another Day reminds me really strongly of the October era? It sounds like a pretty close relative to "I Fall Down" - the verse riff is similar, the ending is gentle in the same sort of way. Odd.

Back
Top Bottom