Shuttlecock IV: The Doubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono thought Leo's mom was going to be one of those hit it and quit it deals.. Little did he know that video would surface with news that he had a son.

:applaud:

Hopefully Bono will apply the "hit it and quit it" philosophy w/r/t the pavement in Central Park and bicycling.

I don't know if it's been brought up, but since the tour is called innocence+experience! does anyone think that might mean we could get SOE before the tour starts? Or is during the tour more likely?

It has been brought up.

And there's no way in hell it's coming out before May. I doubt Bono will even be able to work on it at all by then. Once he's able to move around and emote, I imagine he'll be concerned with rehearsing.

And that video, even aside from Leo, is one of the funniest things I've seen in quite a while.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Something about the name "Leo" makes it funnier than it should be. Plus having that maudlin EBW version in the background makes it seem like the guy really is on his deathbed.

Has there been any validation to the one night full band/one night acoustic theory? I mean, are you guys going for the first night of each pairing think that'll be full band, or you just going for whatever you can get?

I just grabbed what I could and hoped for the best. There hasn't been any true confirmation, so there's not much point in being concerned right now.

The only real validation is the whole "deluxe edition has an acoustic disc, the band's been playing acoustic versions of a couple of songs (especially Every Breaking Wave), they've done acoustic sections of shows in shows for over 20 years." As cool as it'd be to see a techno U2 set (especially if they were doing songs off October, say), Occam's Razor wins out here.

I see no reason whatsoever to believe the difference between nights will be electric/acoustic, especially since even the band themselves have acknowledged that if they did acoustic gigs this fact would need to be made explicit to fans before they buy tickets.

I think what's more likely is that they will do two slightly different sets, since they now have such a massive discography with so many popular hits that they can't fit everything into just one regular-length show any more.

In fact in the end I expect it to be business as usual.

Maybe they should have a night for the hardcore stuff and a night for the pop kids.

U2's trouble is their discography may be massive but so much of it is/was dated, not by musical fashion, but by their own ostentatious changes in outlook. When songs like Out of Control were resurrected a decade ago in concerts, I just scratched my head. It makes no sense. Same with Zooropa on the last tour. No doubt people wished for it forever, but when it finally happened, divorced of its original context, it's like: why?

In fact in the end I expect it to be business as usual.

This.

With the stage set up, there won't be all acoustic shows. There'll be the same formula they've used for some time now with a handful of acoustic/stripped down numbers.
As for the innocence/experience difference, it will probably be a few songs different from night i to night e but nothing earthshattering.

Back
Top Bottom