Shuttlecock IV: The Doubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back when I saw ZooTV in 1992, I spent all my merch money on 2 shirts, the white one with the blurry, colored silhouettes of the band, and the baseball jersey with "Achtung Baby" across the front. While I was skinny at the time, I bought XL because that was the style. Now I won't wear them because they're too big.

Anyway, some years back I found a ZooTV program at Amoeba for like $10-$15, though it was from the first, indoor U.S. leg and not a legit souvenir of my actual show (Chicago, September 16th at the World Music Theatre).

Today, on a whim I went into a local thrift store and found a good condition Outside Broadcast program, for the WTF price of $1.50. These are going on eBay for like $25 or more.

So I'm pretty happy.

Ha, those old XL shirts. I can't bear to get rid of the few I still have - two mid-80s era REM shirts, and a PopMart shirt. I use them as gymwear and occasionally sleep shirts.

I saw this on Twitter - not sure if it's real or not, but it's fucking nuts if it is. This snowstorm stuff seems so alien to me.

B228jr0IEAATZ5o.jpg

edit, either it's not real, or it's old http://weknowmemes.com/2014/01/17-p...old-the-deep-freeze-polar-vortex-actually-is/

Dude, get some head n shoulders shampoo or something. That's like the dried scalps of 10000 people.

Well, even if recovery takes three months like that article said, that would take us to January. leaving U2 plenty to time to be set for June.

I think it also depends on what they mean by "recovery." Does that mean well enough to move around okay, or does that mean performance-level freedom from pain.

It's moot to me personally, but I'd be astounded if any tour takes place within the next year. Unless they go the Lou Reed Zootv route and have Bono croon a few bars from his living room while the other three play live.

Also is it that I've already over indulged on Ketel that the article said "U2 kicked off U2360 tour at Madison Square Garden".? There might be an inaccuracy in that article.

I hate acoustic EBW. I actually heard it on the radio first, it sounded like an Adele song with terrible vocals. Really not a fan of that arrangement at all.

Live version all the way.

I don't know what version of the song I heard on the radio because I've only heard the album version once, but it was pretty weak.

If there was one surprising aspect I noticed with the reactions here, it was downplaying it - how it's not as bad as the middle three on Horizon.

To me, it's at least twice as bad.

Back
Top Bottom