Shuttlecock III: Raped by Wolves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My computer has been infected by this one random-ass song for the last decade or so. It seems to pop up on every new computer I get, along with Dvorak, of course. It's become a song that I've been conditioned to enjoy, at this point :crack:

I hate the Cloud because it somehow synced me up to my brother's phone and he deleted all of my phone contacts last names A-F.

Could be weirder, a guy at work got an iPhone and couldn't figure out why it kept reminding him to take his birth control. Took him probably 4 months before he figured out (or one of his kids figured it out for him) that her calendar was synched to his phone.

A major part of the problem is that a lot of people don't understand the Cloud and probably didn't realize they even had the setting on their phone.

That's the other thing, not being smart enough to turn shit like that off means you don't get to bitch about automatic downloads. If you didn't want them, you could turn it off. I had to download my copy because I know how to click buttons.

i didn't have a hard time downloading it, i just had to go download it myself.

That's the other thing, not being smart enough to turn shit like that off means you don't get to bitch about automatic downloads. If you didn't want them, you could turn it off. I had to download my copy because I know how to click buttons.

That's been one of my biggest arguments against the complainers.

The owls are not what they seem.

It was tough for me to download SOI because my iTunes wasn't synced properly.

Every time I buy a Samsung phone I get about 30 "free apps"/bloatware/reasons to send hate mail. But I don't. Because seriously what kind of entitled fuck gets that worked up over it?

Last edited:
Could be weirder, a guy at work got an iPhone and couldn't figure out why it kept reminding him to take his birth control. Took him probably 4 months before he figured out (or one of his kids figured it out for him) that her calendar was synched to his phone.

Imagine if it was his daughter instead, and he didn't know she was sexually active.

I don't have an iPhone and was able to help two friends at work figure out how to get the album onto their phones.

Ta-daaaaaaaa.

Gang...not even gonna take credit for the idea someone who rarely posts came up with it

Tour name: The Crystal Ballroom

Get it...indoors..intimate venues..etc etc.

Ok I also really fucking love this song what can I say

Sent from my ass crack

I really like the song.

Lucifer's Hands, however ... I've listened a few times and the only thing I can recall about it is it has that "can't change the world/change the world in me" callback to Rejoice.

Even that Rejoice throwback feels forced to me, because it seems to take an eternity for him to finally spit it out. I dunno I'm not really big on the rocky numbers this time around. I barely listen to them. :shrug:

Sent from my ass crack

That whole 360 European tour is so foggy to me. I feel like I only listened to all those new songs one or twice. I can barely remember how Glastonbury, North Star, the original Every Breaking Wave, or Stingray go.

I'm guessing that wolf rape of Mercy soured me on all the new stuff.

One good thing about the acoustic EBW is that it showcases the melody, which is pretty stunning when stripped down.

The more I listen to everything in the "double album" (aside from the acoustic session, can't listen to that again), it seems to me there is one song that sounds like it could have been a traditional U2 type anthem hit in the vein of "Beautiful Day", and that song is/was "Invisible". Had all the ingredients and didn't register a blip on radio in February. Don't see them garnering much airplay from anything else (still failing to see why so many are clamoring for The Crystal Ballroom to be a single).

Its a pretty good album as a whole, but just don't see it as likely to get a ton of play. Of course radio isn't what it once was, and they should do fine selling concert tickets which is the main platform of the business model these days, so in that light I'm sure it'll be a success, but just don't see anything from Songs of Innocence having the lasting effect on public consciousness that so many U2 songs of the past have.

The more I listen to everything in the "double album" (aside from the acoustic session, can't listen to that again), it seems to me there is one song that sounds like it could have been a traditional U2 type anthem hit in the vein of "Beautiful Day", and that song is/was "Invisible". Had all the ingredients and didn't register a blip on radio in February. Don't see them garnering much airplay from anything else (still failing to see why so many are clamoring for The Crystal Ballroom to be a single).

Its a pretty good album as a whole, but just don't see it as likely to get a ton of play. Of course radio isn't what it once was, and they should do fine selling concert tickets which is the main platform of the business model these days, so in that light I'm sure it'll be a success, but just don't see anything from Songs of Innocence having the lasting effect on public consciousness that so many U2 songs of the past have.
California?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using U2 Interference mobile app

California?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using U2 Interference mobile app

We should get some on-the-record bets going on these songs. My California prediction: it would go precisely nowhere. More likely to be widely loathed than widely loved. Most likely just ignored.

We should get some on-the-record bets going on these songs. My California prediction: it would go precisely nowhere. More likely to be widely loathed than widely loved. Most likely just ignored.

My [insert SOI song name here] prediction: it would go precisely nowhere. More likely to be widely loathed than widely loved. Most likely just ignored.

I don't know, I don't like either but I think EBW and SFS have a fighting chance of getting airplay and gaining some traction, if not quite 'hits'.

Back
Top Bottom