Shuttlecock II: This is Where We Can Reach Around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH GOOD FOR YOU.

:)

I'm still mad at myself for not getting another ticket and sticking it out another night.

That first show was freaking awesome regardless, particularly being able to watch them with so many people from here in great douchebag seats.

So I saw 5 shows in a row between the Vertigo and 360 tours exclusively with various Bang and Clatter / Interference people. Seeing them here in Utah on the 360 tour was my first time since Elevation that I'd seen them with friends who were considerably less passionate fans. It was kinda funny how different of an experience that was compared to the prior 5.

...and those songs are better.

It also has more energy.

I'm not the only one here; pretty sure NSW feels the same way.

How dare you guys have personal preferences and tastes that differ ever so slightly from mine?!

I think Boner should share a lengthy diatribe about Slobodan Milosevik during the shows if they do continue it.

IWB liking ATYCLB seems so out of character I can barely comprehend it.

That's because if it isn't "omg ear rape!" (to quote LM) music, you assume I hate it. Technically half the music I listen to is "out of character" by your definition. Like I really was listening to Chopin the other day when I was going to start spamming the now playing thread to be rid of it's terrible title.

You should title the next Now Playing thread before I get a chance to because I'm going to raise the bar on eye-piercing awfulness with the next one.

I was planning to take a full Fiona Apple title and stick NOW PLAYING somewhere in the middle of it, I'm just not sure whether to go with When the Pawn or The Idler Wheel.

OH GOOD FOR YOU.

:)

I'm still mad at myself for not getting another ticket and sticking it out another night.

At least you saw the one show....but, yeah, I was surprised you did not attend both.

...and those songs are better.

It also has more energy.

I'm not the only one here; pretty sure NSW feels the same way.

I do agree but I think we're in the minority here. I'm unusually down on ATYCLB and probably higher on HTDAAB than most.

One Tree Hill closed my show.

Greatest song played 25th in U2 history.

That's just so fucking awesome. Nice.

As for the new album:

I continue to listen it as often as I can without really forcing it, and, I really do like it more and more with each listen, not that I disliked it at first. And a different song stays stuck in my head each time. It's just, for me, a really consistently pleasurable listen with a closing song that's sounding more amazing to me with each listen. I am really fucking happy about it all, it feels like an awesome bonus prize to me...but then again I've been a fan of the band for over 30 years now, so, it probably stands to reason that my reaction to liking the album would be dorkier than most people's....well, that and the fact that I am a huge dork, etc.

You should title the next Now Playing thread before I get a chance to because I'm going to raise the bar on eye-piercing awfulness with the next one.

I was planning to take a full Fiona Apple title and stick NOW PLAYING somewhere in the middle of it, I'm just not sure whether to go with When the Pawn or The Idler Wheel.

A full Fiona Apple title? Isn't there a character limit on thread titles?

That's because if it isn't "omg ear rape!" (to quote LM) music, you assume I hate it. Technically half the music I listen to is "out of character" by your definition. Like I really was listening to Chopin the other day when I was going to start spamming the now playing thread to be rid of it's terrible title.

This is horse shit, you exclusively listen to ear rape.

That first show was freaking awesome regardless, particularly being able to watch them with so many people from here in great douchebag seats.

That was good times. I remember laughing a lot. And Diemen being really freaking tall.

And being there for the debut of YBR was awesome, too. A lot of good memories from that second show:

1. Zoney spotting Joyfulgirl and I down in GA by the soundboard, all the way from his cheap seats and showing us zoomed-photographic evidence later.

2. YBR, obv.

3. Geeking out and jumping around like crazy with a bro-tastic guy during Streets. He and his buddies spent most of the show drinking beer and being bro-ish, but this one guy was the most into the show of all of them. Then when Streets started, he set his beer down by us and joined me in jumping around like an idiot.

4. The Illinois Death March back to the Loop. Twice.

I had a lot of fun times in 2009 and 2011. Thanks, U2.

51KPB4VXRWL.jpg

1081-1242414452ggmy.jpg

Lakers-Jack-Nicholson-Med.jpg

polls_boy_and_girl_3450_987457_answer_1_xlarge.gif

Iris_goo_goo_dolls.jpg

1781615_f260.jpg

sansa_arya_bran_rickon_by_gadechii-d4oxx3c.jpg

bonooldhouse.jpg

Premature-Baby-Sleeping-Problem-33333.jpg

awesomeness,band,music,punk,theclash-1c75e1f2e1111d1320ac33f8cf767a5b_h.jpg

troubles.jpg

I still can't rate the songs, because it's just an album full of uninspiring stuff for the most part. The Troubles is best, couldn't tell you what's next best. Surprised to see Song for Someone seems to be the least favourite, though. I really like it. It sounds genuine, uncluttered, and one of the few tracks that doesn't have six different ideas crammed into it.

I really wish I could have been at those Chicago shows :-(

At least I got to go to the One Tree Hill one.

Annnnd, I think ATYCLB is my 4tg favorite U2 album.

So no love for Song for Someone? The only thing I don't like about it is Edge's solo towards the end, it's far too saccharine and unnecessary. But the rest of the music fits well, it risks being too saccharine and being another Crazy Tonight, but I think it works, and I think Bono's vocal is great.

It's my third favorite, maybe? I'm not sure. Definitely in the upper ratings for me, at the very least.

Song For Someone is bland, generic post-Pop U2 at their most bland and generic. In that sense it's cut from the same cloth as Window in the Skies.

So no love for Song for Someone? The only thing I don't like about it is Edge's solo towards the end, it's far too saccharine and unnecessary. But the rest of the music fits well, it risks being too saccharine and being another Crazy Tonight, but I think it works, and I think Bono's vocal is great.

I like it a lot more than I should.

Back
Top Bottom