Shuttlecock II: This is Where We Can Reach Around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't even hate it, I'm just tired of it.

On the other hand, after about half a year (give or take some months) of not really listening to U2, Walk On came up on my iPod last week and it made me really happy.

I don't hate Elevation either. The album version is boring, but the Tomb Raider mix is good. And it's great fun live, so I don't even mind that I've seen it four times, cos the crowd gets real into it. But there's about a million better rockers they could be playing.

When I've had a really shitty day, ATYCLB is still capable of cheering me up.

Album Elevation is terrible though. Sounds more like a boy band trying to rock than whatever it is U2 thinks influenced that song.

At the time it was released, many here thought it was U2's attempt at making the sort of songs they wanted to create on Pop.

When I hear Elevation in concert, I 100% focus on looking at the crowd, it eases the pain of having to hear it for the billionth time. I wish ATYCLB was the album they decided to ignore.

OH WELL

How anyone on the planet likes Bomb more than any other U2 album, I don't know. I feel weird even calling it an "album". Compilation of songs that have nothing to do with each other in theme or sound, but were thrown together over the course of a similar period of time?

You bastards. At least sitting through another Miss Sarajevo at the SLC show lead into....

Zooropa :drool:

It would be cool to see them do some ambient soundtrack stuff again, a la what Nick Cave and Warren Ellis have been doing. Seems like Edge still has it in him, and that type of realize wouldn't require the circus the band seems to want for a typical LP.

How anyone on the planet likes Bomb more than any other U2 album, I don't know. I feel weird even calling it an "album". Compilation of songs that have nothing to do with each other in theme or sound, but were thrown together over the course of a similar period of time?

...and those songs are better.

It also has more energy.

I'm not the only one here; pretty sure NSW feels the same way.

Man, we're spoiled, bitching about Miss Sarajevo. :p

I like Miss Sarajevo just fine... its just I've heard it at my last five U2 concerts and would have loved a "Your Blue Room" in its place.

In new album news, I'm moving "Cedarwood Road" into my top 4.

Back
Top Bottom