Shuttlecock II: This is Where We Can Reach Around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big call.

I mean, there are people with ebola who think that's preferable to hearing Boots.
I think Boots on its own is a decent enough song. It didn't fit on NLOTH which makes it seem worse than it is. In my opinion anyway.

Wow, lots of vitriol for The Miracle around here. I think it's a strong track: hummable melody, forceful lead riff, sincere subject matter, sets the tone of the album well. I'd probably rank it in the top half of SoI.

Wow, lots of vitriol for The Miracle around here. I think it's a strong track: hummable melody, forceful lead riff, sincere subject matter, sets the tone of the album well. I'd probably rank it in the top half of SoI.

Agreed. I think it's become the easy route to hate on any simple rock song U2 releases.

The owls are not what they seem.

Its not bad. Much better than the 3 (probably 4) tracks that follow it. They'd have been better served just titling it "The Miracle" and not adding the Joey Ramone parentheses. But titling songs as Peef mentions a few pages back is not their strong suit.

It's mainly the oh-oh's that make me cringe.

There was a poster here describing it as a sequence of pre-choruses. I agree with that as well. The chorus seems to lead to another, better one but it never does.

It seems like they called it The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) just because Bono wanted Joey Ramone's brother to call him. And hey, it worked!

Seriously, though, the song is fine. I don't like it as the lead single but it's a solid enough rock song. I think the lead single should have been The Troubles, but then again I thought Moment of Surrender should have been the lead single for NLOTH so whatever.

Magnificent sucks.

Also, tried out Laz's tracklist for Songs of Innocence tonight and it's pretty much perfect.

Thanks, dude.

The autobiographical nature made this easier to wrestle with than previous custom lists, which often seem arbitrary.

Aside from the pre-Troubles run, which took a while to sort out, many of the choices felt fairly natural. Putting Cedarwood Road right near the end seemed like a random move at first and then I was like, wait a second, this really fits well here.

Thanks, dude.

The autobiographical nature made this easier to wrestle with than previous custom lists, which often seem arbitrary.

Aside from the pre-Troubles run, which took a while to sort out, many of the choices felt fairly natural. Putting Cedarwood Road right near the end seemed like a random move at first and then I was like, wait a second, this really fits well here.

I second Philsfan here. Really nice job. Gave it a spin last night and seemed to flow naturally.

The owls are not what they seem.

The ohs are a weak-ass way of trying to put some anthemic singalong-y parts into the song, because gabba gabba hey would have been too much.

Back
Top Bottom