Shuttlecock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I just say how awesome it is that there is no Ordinary Love or Invisible?

that is cool, i'll give them that. but this joey ramone song is fucking horrible. that throwback chanting thing didn't work, probably one of the weakest choruses that tries to sound catchy/memorable, and bono by numbers lyrics. and one of only a handful of songs i've ever listened to where i've considered the production because it sucks that much.

I wouldn't mind having sex with Lykke Li, if you get my meaning.

1. I'm still getting an error when I try to download from my "Purchased" section in iTunes. Right after I type my password.

2. Really pissed that Invisible isn't on here; would like to hear the full version.

3. A shame Danger Mouse's work was compromised by additional producers.

Has anyone in EYKIW called it the best album they've made yet?

thank you David from EYKIW:

On October 13th the physical release of Songs of Innocence comes with a 24-page booklet. A deluxe, gatefold double album, contains an acoustic session of songs from the album and four additional tracks: Lucifer's Hands, The Crystal Ballroom, The Troubles (Alternative version) and Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake)

The album will also be available as a gatefold, double white-vinyl LP with an exclusive remix of "The Crystal Ballroom".

Having trouble with these titles, folks. Like "Dong For Someone" just ain't cutting it.

It's almost like they deliberately titled them so that badminton references couldn't be shoehorned in somehow.

This stuff sounds awful slick and produced. And not in an Eno-esque creative way. This is a cannon shot at the radio/charts/

And it's telling that the only 3 songs with only Danger Mouse production are tacked onto the end of the album. :down:

I haven't looked at production credits, so I'm just guessing, but Tedder is all over Song for Someone, isn't he.

Iris is cool. I think California is a bit of a clunker. Only Red Hot Chili Peppers can pull that kind of song off.

EveryBreakingWave.jpg

Every Breaking Wave deserves all the praise it is getting.

swear he said raped by wolves, but i was thrown off by the weird breathing in the beginning of the song.

Back
Top Bottom