Shuttlecock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do have to say that some of the titles made me cringe when I saw them. Iris. Cedarwood Road. The Troubles. Glad they proved me wrong.

Surely the most cringeworthy titles are The Miracle (of Joey Ramone), California (There Is No End to Love), and Sleep Like a Baby Tonight.

Surely the most cringeworthy titles are The Miracle (of Joey Ramone), California (There Is No End to Love), and Sleep Like a Baby Tonight.

No. Knowing their backstory, I think the ones I listed had more potential to be worse. Schlocky and sentimental. Which they weren't. Or at least not nearly as bad as they could have been.

I really like it guys. Fuck. Especially when the album takes a darker turn, starting with Volcano and through Sleep Like A Baby. That shit just hit my inner fanboy sweet spot. It was broken up a bit by Where You Can Reach Me, which I didn't love.

Joey Ramone is a great opener. California is catchy as hell. And Song For Someone sounds like a hit.

My favorite was definitely Raised By Wolves. I might have even fist-pumped and screamed.

I was expecting Cedarwood Road to be about how Bob was mean and didn't understand him. And how they had to eat Norman's airline meals. BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE A MOTHER. But it isn't.

All you Reach Around detractors need to get with the fucking program.

Not saying I hate it, it just didn't grab me on first listen. Unlike basically every other track. I wasn't too keen on the subject matter in the lyric, I think. But you know me man, I hate totally judging music on first listen. It's a huge pet peeve of mine. So I'll reserve final judgment until I have many more listens.

Also, fuck you for focusing on the ONE slightly negative thing I said in the post when the rest of my thoughts were positive.

Back
Top Bottom