Shuttlecock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been an album closer as quietly brutal as Love is Badminton? Minimalism at its finest, The Hedge leaking out the tiniest of solos.

Phenomenal.

Love is Badminton

Love is badminton
I don't want to play
Won't you wrap the towel
Around me
Take my cock
Love is badminton

On a clay court
With crowded stands
You see your love
Game, set, match
Strings are ripping
The net is slipping
Love is badminton

Love is goosefeathers
And graphite
Fingers too numb and white
Twist the racquet
Run and attack it
Love is badminton

Love is blindness
I dont want to see
Wont you wrap the towel
Around me
Oh my cock
Badminton

A little dropshot
Without velocity
No chance
for reciprocity
Baby...a dangerous volley
That almost hit net

Love is falling
on the ref table
All the practice
And we're just unable
Take the trophy
Sophie
Badminton

Love is badminton
I dont want to play
Wont you wrap the towel
Around me
Oh my cock
Badminton.

There's no way this new album will reach the heights achieved on Shuttlecock's 1997 effort. With classics such as Discocock, Do You Feel Cocked?, Staring at the Cock, Last Cock on Earth, and Wake Up Dead Cock...how could it?

I served up the birdie and you slammed it right back over the net for a winner. Those years of badminton training are finally paying off.

shuttlecock :drool:

I think Shuttlecock is making a big mistake by waiting to release the single a FULL MONTH after it supposedly debuts on the radio (if that part is true). Why wait? Capitalize on the excitement now. Release it for free on the website - follow it up with another single right after that you pay for. Mix and match. Do something different for a change.

I think Shuttlecock is making a big mistake by waiting to release the single a FULL MONTH after it supposedly debuts on the radio (if that part is true). Why wait? Capitalize on the excitement now. Release it for free on the website - follow it up with another single right after that you pay for. Mix and match. Do something different for a change.

I agree, at least let us buy it the day it hits radio. Releasing it digitally a month late essentially just makes it so everyone steals it.

I thought those cocks would have learned something from the state of the industry for once.

I'm a bit surprised at the cover, and though I don't think it's great, I like that they tried something different and artsy. So they get points for that. It's very New Order-esque, no?

Anyway, it's pretty obvious to me that White as Shuttlecock is a newly-titled Winter. Or there's a seasonal theme going on, which I doubt. So the only question remains, is Cock - Being Served a retitling of Every Breaking Serve or Tripol-Fault, or a brand-new instrumental?

Most importantly, big ups to the band for not releasing the first track as the single. It's all the way down at #6? Reminds me of Achtung Birdie.

Also, are the 64 page "magazine" and 64 page hardback book going to be identical? I'll probably get the Box anyway, but just wondering.

One thing I'm cautious about is the version of No Net on the Horizon that's going to be used. I'm not enthusiastic about another Shuttlego-type opener. Been there, done that.

Is it possible that the band decided to have it both ways and somehow blended the two versions together? Or started out with the more atmospheric version, which segues into the more rocking one? This doesn't seem out of their grasp. Think Cockropa.

Otherwise, I'll hold out hope for a hidden bonus track as a reprise with the alternate version of whatever they do open with.

Love is badminton
I don't want to play
Won't you wrap the towel
Around me
Take my cock
Love is badminton

Your words say 'no', but your eyes and mouth say 'yes'.

toshoweryr7-1.jpg

One thing I'm cautious about is the version of No Net on the Horizon that's going to be used. I'm not enthusiastic about another Shuttlego-type opener. Been there, done that.

Is it possible that the band decided to have it both ways and somehow blended the two versions together? Or started out with the more atmospheric version, which segues into the more rocking one? This doesn't seem out of their grasp. Think Cockropa.

Otherwise, I'll hold out hope for a hidden bonus track as a reprise with the alternate version of whatever they do open with.

That would be excellent, if it were similar to Cockropa, I mean. Hidden reprise would be bad either though. I'd just like to hear both versions somehow.

There's also the matter of a legitimate bonus track. Maybe we're taking it for granted but there's still a possible 12th slot for one of the missing songs.

Conspiracy theory: the old No Net on the Horizon became Cock - Being Served.

Who knows? We don't. Shuttlecock seem to have a few tricks up their sleeve.

I'm surprised that Q and RS missed Shuttlecock's tracklisting by that much.

I'm taking a shuttlecock to Space Moon in a couple of days.

Oh yes, I crossed the streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom