Shuttlecock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't like that rumored album cover that's floating around, the one of an empty badminton court with the net removed. I mean, we get it, the album's called No Net on the Horizon. Do they have to be so damned literal?

Plus that Japanese sports photographer is totally overrated.

Shuttlecock has a scent
Like the top of a newborn goose's head

While I do like the song quite a bit, I've never been much of a fan of this lyric. I know Boner thinks it's fantastic, but I've always thought it was really embarrassing. Yes, maybe it's because I've never had a goose of my own, but it's still something that just sounds ridiculous in a cock song.

Bravo, guys. Really top notch work. I laughed so hard my pinch flew out.

While I do like the song quite a bit, I've never been much of a fan of this lyric. I know Boner thinks it's fantastic, but I've always thought it was really embarrassing. Yes, maybe it's because I've never had a goose of my own, but it's still something that just sounds ridiculous in a cock song.

Right. And there's no excuse for rhyming "arm" with "babyarm".

Plus, could he possibly use the words "serve", "court" and "net" more on an album? They're in like EVERY song.

Right. And there's no excuse for rhyming "arm" with "babyarm".

Well, what do you except when Boner goes to Lee Corso for inspiration?

239388251995fbd6f3cun2.jpg

Under a Blood Red Cock?

:huh:

"Additionally, nylon shuttlecocks come in three varieties, each variety for a different range of temperatures. These three varieties are known as green (slow speed), blue (middle speed), and red (fast speed). The colours, and therefore speeds, are indicated by coloured strips fastened around the cork. In colder temperatures, a faster shuttle is used, and in hotter climates, a slower one is chosen."

I fail to see how the new album will be anywhere close to as good as Achtung, Birdie.

I fail to see how the new album will be anywhere close to as good as Achtung, Birdie.

Indeed, it will be hard to top this list of classics:

Zoo Shuttle
Even Better than the Real Cock
One-Nothing
Until the End of the Match
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Shuttlecocks?
Serve Cruel

The Flying Cock
Mysterious Plays
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the Court
Intramurals (Serve My Way)
Acroraquet
Love is Badminton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom