should Michael Jackson join LIVE 8??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
That's a thing I've been reading in newspapers and such for a while.

SHould he?, would he be helpful?, wouldn't? :shrug:

Sure, why not ?? ...
I haven't seen a concert where the performer ends up getting "boo-ed" and has stuff "thrown at him" by the audience in quite awhile !! :applaud:
That would be the "highlight" of his career now !! :laugh:

i don't think he'd get booed at all ... I am going to Live 8 in Philly and would love to see him ... he'd make such a terrible line-up of acts at least a little better. However, at this point it seems unlikely he will peform.

MsMofoGone said:
Sure, why not ?? ...
I haven't seen a concert where the performer ends up getting "boo-ed" and has stuff "thrown at him" by the audience in quite awhile !! :applaud:
That would be the "highlight" of his career now !! :laugh:

As much as people with half a brain hate him, he still does have ALOT of insanely loyal fans who would probably flock there in droves just to see him.

Needle_Chill said:

As much as people with half a brain hate him, he still does have ALOT of insanely loyal fans who would probably flock there in droves just to see him.

First of all, I never said that I hated him ...
But, I do think it's a very "risky" move for him to "show up in the spotlight" so soon after the trial. He needs time to recuperate from his experience that he went through. Performing at Live 8 does NOT give him the rest and relaxation he needs to "start over" again ... I truly believe that alot of people would NOT show ANY respect or support for Michael and his career now ... :tsk:

njelevation06 said:
i don't think he'd get booed at all ... I am going to Live 8 in Philly and would love to see him ... he'd make such a terrible line-up of acts at least a little better. However, at this point it seems unlikely he will peform.

Of all the places to perform, Philly would be the worst for him. He would absolutely get booed there. The people there booed Santa Claus, cheered when Michael Irvin broke his neck on the field, and threw batteries at JD Drew.

Why Philly is my question? Culturally, what does Philadelphia bring to the table so that it gets to have Live Aid TWICE?
As randhail said, they booed Santa Claus.
They should have had it in NYC (Central Park), DC, or Boston.

Additionally, Philly hasn't won a major sports championship in over twenty years (even before Live Aid I in '85).

Back
Top Bottom