Should I wax my eyebrows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should I wax my eyebrows???

• Yes! Real women wax their eyebrows

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • No, they are fine the way they are, you are paranoid

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters
I have had this joke formulating all easter , but couldn't quite get it right.
It had something to do with the bilby that ABEL had scuttling across the pages. There was a lot of bilby talk at one stage :laugh: and that was an excellent pic, very funny. Some of you guys make great, whatever those things are called..signatures? bravo, keep up the good work
ANYWAY.....the bilby replaced the rabbit as an Easter icon/symbol/thingie in Australia( and now beyond:)). so the eater bunny is no longer needed/wanted.

The unwanted hare

so as to speak

it does hurt I suppose but briefly and in a nice way.

cass said:
It had something to do with the bilby that ABEL had scuttling across the pages.

Oh is THAT what it was! I couldn't tell...it went so quickly across the screen.

BTW cass, no Ferrari yet, I think it will be something in a Toyotaey vein...very practical but...zzzzzz. That won't be until the summer though.

It seems I have started a waxing poll thread trend...I wonder if that other :yuck: thread was started partly to make fun of me? No, that can't be it, the world does not revolve around me. ;)

unfortunately...I think he's serious.
I probably shouldn't...but I think I'm gonna wade in.
bad cass.

YAY for Toyota's!! There was a "what do you drive ?"thread here once before, lots of prestige cars getting mentioned. Someone said "after all, what does Toyota say?" Gave me a bit of a complex...briefly.
My little "mum's mobile" gets a flogging. We just drove it to silverchair and back and she went like a charm. We noticed several new "flash" cars on the roadside with their bonnets up. Not our baby, she just kept on going...this time.
I now know what Toyota's say..."Oh What A Feeling"

...just as you will when you have your eyebrows waxed :yes:

martha said:
I wanted to vote Oh My God no! No! No! No! You are so beautiful and perfect and I know this to be true because I've seen you in person and no! What are you thinking!!!!!???? but that wasn't an option, so I voted no.

I'm not joking, either. Jess, you are gorgeous!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything on your face.

What Marth said.

unfortunately I woke this morning thinking about Db's hairyass....eeeeeeeeeeeeek

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
saved by the padlock
I had serious advice
not so serious advice
and downright silly advice to give him...

I'm glad I didn't skate out on to that thin ice

believe me, it would have given way:silent:
who me?:angel:

Mrs Edge....do you live in Toronto? We are sending an Australian lacrosse team up there soon, for the first time in 20 years, and we still have the same goalie..he just loves it. He was there in 1980 and lost to the USA in overtime.....comeon aussie come on.

it is indeed a big pain in the ass, it feels like i'm plucking them constantly. I wish i had naturually sparse eyebrows. What kind of a cruel joke was it to give a blonde person thick black eyebrows anyways :mad:

this thread makes me laugh. i never realized how much debate eyebrow waxing could cause.

do it if you want to or don't do it. you will not be any less of a woman if you do and certainly not any less of a woman if you don't.

you are the one in the end who will be looking at yourself in the mirror at the end and thinking :up: or :down:

What Iris said :yes:

You are gorgeous just as you are Jess but in the end, you have to be happy with yourself, waxed eyebrows or natural. You'll be beautiful either way. :)

Awww, you guys are so sweet!!! And this is hilarious the amount of discussion it has generated. nbcrusader, it was nice to get a male in here, thanks for writing. :)

MVD, the only thing that was worrying me was that knowing my luck, the hair would grow back at odd angles and curly or in a different colour or something....(or worse yet, not at all!)

But I canvassed my office this morning, and every woman in it also waxes or plucks....even one of the men!

But on the poll it looks like the "no waxing" is winning, even though most people who wrote in actually were pro-waxing. This is so interesting!! :)

Yes, Cass, I live in Toronto, and am glad to hear that the team hasn't cancelled because of SARS. The cases here are going down, and I think everything will be back to normal soon, which is great because ecomomically, this ridiculous fuss is costing our city billions (literally) of $$!!!

Lacross is supposed to be Canada's other national sport other than hockey...and I know nothing about either. :reject: but I am taking it upon myself to learn.

Mrs. Edge said:
Lacross is supposed to be Canada's other national sport other than hockey...and I know nothing about either. :reject: but I am taking it upon myself to learn.

I really have no opinion on the waxing thing. But, if you have lacrosse questions........:wave:

I have never had mine waxed but mine have a nice natural arch and were never really out of control so I just pluck where and when I need to. We had this conversation at work a few months ago and everyone had thought I always had mine done. I dont mind the plucking but then again it's a few hairs here and there.

Mrs. Edge said:

:shame: you are such a bad Canadian

:wave: :laugh:

I must admit when he said their destination I thought SARS, but he seemed confident.
to pluck or not to pluck...that is the question. It's cool the guys in your office were open to discussing this topic. I have been chuckling about unwanted hares and stuff all morning and then my g'friend rang and she had an unwanted hair joke...I better not tell it.
Also peeked in your thread about chocolate...a sweet surprise. Of course I looked, I'ma bit nutty for the stuff..truffles:drool:Belgian?

I mentioned to my friend just then a car sticker I saw that I liked recently, obviously on a car that belonged to a woman in a embroidery/crafts guild. It said" Beam Me Back Merlin":)
my friend saw one that said "Make Chocolate, Not War"

god luck up there, with the health scares ( I'm here brushing away mozzies, I should take them more seriously,they carry some nasty illnesses these days)
good luck... except during a possible goal shoot out with Australia when they are there.

back to the hair thing...imho:)it kind of ties in with the chocolate thing. I heard the other that there is a physical reason post-menopausal women crave chocolate. it was a bit of sad news. Our taste buds loose their function:(...I love the subtle taste of some foods...I relish flavour.
So I'd just say enjoy your natural beauty as long as you can girls. Get into good habits of protecting and nourishing your skin while you are young.

Naomi Wolf was interviewed for Oz TV last night( she wrote "The Beauty Myth" I wrote down a quote from her...I was gonna tell diamond, "lipstick is not the enemy...party on"
she said "party on" about 3 times:)

cass said:

Naomi Wolf was interviewed for Oz TV last night( she wrote "The Beauty Myth" I wrote down a quote from her...I was gonna tell diamond, "lipstick is not the enemy...party on"
she said "party on" about 3 times:)
:angry:;):wave:

Oh Jess....you are a bee-yoo-tiful wimmin! *I* don't think you need to do any pluckin or waxin, but hey, if you want to, my only piece of advice is find a good reputable place to do it....and don't EVER wax/pluck too much. Case in point: ME. I overplucked in high school, and all these years later I'm still waiting for them to grow back!!! *angry brows* :mad: :sigh:

Just a gentle shaping usually does the trick...

personally, I'm seriously thinking of getting them tattoo'd on...

Well today I was at a family function and discovered that both my sister in laws also wax their eyebrows.

My husband's cousin, who is a model and actress (appearing in a Mandy Moore movie soon as her stepmother!) gets her eyebrows THREADED. It sounds like some sort of medieval torture. Does anyone know about that? My sister in laws and I are thinking about trying it just once. If I go through with this, I would only get a very tiny bit done, and hopefully it will grow in again if I don't like it.

I might get it done as soon as Friday.....but then a voice inside says "don't do it! you are betraying the person you have always been this whole time!" which is also kind of silly too..........we shall see.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on threading, please let me know!

threaded is another way people get their eyebrows plucked. its a piece of thread, that someone would tie it a certain way and just use it to "thread the eyebrows." its really interesting how its done. i will get that done sometime soon.

feature02july22a.jpg

what the..?
I haven't heard of this before. What are it's advantages? Do the removed hairs grow back?
My neice is studying to be a beautician and hairdresser. I saw her on the weekend( she looked stunning, dark red and jet black striped hair...it sounds weird, but she looked fabulous). I would have asked her about "threading" if I knew at the time.

Actors in your family too MrsEdge. When someone asked about Goggle searching our names, I found out hub's cousin was an actor in a well known Australian TV show. It looks as though he is in Hollywood now. I must go open the sites and find out about him)

I am still inclined towards: wax in the parlour by the beautician.:)

main thing is don't fret MrsEdge. You are beautiful already, inside and out.
Do you know the story of my belt and veil? It's rather special( bit sad in places) I'm almost ready to bring them out of mothballs( just a figure of speech, they are hanging on the wall of my room) I'll tell it in my journal one day, when net time allows.

Can someone explain threading please?

Back
Top Bottom