Should I go to my High School Reunion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should I Go to my High School Reunion?

• YES

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • NO

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Now please explain why, or why not.

After I have read a few of your thoughts, I will explain my position. :D

*Sigh

nuh uh, no way, never, no no no.

well, i think that's my feeling toward it cos i only graduated 3 weeks ago and i don't talk to the people i went (heh, went) to high school with cos i didn't like them there and i know darn well i won't like them in the real world.

i admit though, 5, 10, 15 years down the line, it would be rather interesting to see what everyone is up to.

my point here: uhm, do what ye want.

...because I didn't go to my elementary school reunioun too. :D :D

[EDIT] something to add: I think if there's someone you don't want to meet again and there're no one you want to meet, then don't go... else, go[/EDIT]

Last edited:
DUDE! Totally go girl.. is it a 10 year? I almost didnt go to mine and I'm glad I did.. it was so much fun and so cool to see everyone after 10 years and see who was married, who got fat, who was still a snob.

I guess I liked going because I looked way better than I did in high school.. hehe.. :cool:

I was screwed!!!!

I went to mine - but they cancelled - and didn't tell me. I even bought an airline ticket, flew out for it, dressed up, went to the hotel. There was one other guy who showed up. We drank.

LMAO zonelistener!! I am still undecided though. See... I never really liked High School. It's not that I have any tragic memories from then or anything, I even had some fun, but I guess, all throughout high school, I just wanted to be older and go to University and be an adult. lol Now that I am an adult and have done all that why look back? I must say that there are quite a few people going that I never expected would... and am quite curious to see again. Thing is also... I am NOT in touch with any one from those days. Severed my final ties this year. I have changed a lot since then. I dunno.
I loved what you said Sicy!!! I feel that's true for me too though!! I believe I look better, so at least I can go and make all those pregnant married people (not that there is anything wrong with that) envious of *my* life, even though I am slightly envious of theirs. lol
I just see reunions as a place for bragging and I am not a braggert.

I'll keep you all posted... that is if you care. it's not even until the end of August so I have time to decide yet.

Oh, Swallow..... I AM NOT OLD!!! :mad:

Last edited:
Angel,
Is it a 10 year reunion or a 5 year reunion? I have a 10 year reunion for highschool this year but we did have a 5 year reunion which I went to. At 5 years though, it was basically like highschool. My group of best friends of about 7 have been best friends since grade school and all went to highschool together, and were still best friends which is very unusual. Thing is, in highschool there were all these groups socially. My group was probably the largest, but we were inclusive and never excluded anyone. At the 5 year reunion, trying to talk to some people in those "other groups" was nearly impossible. I had several people say "HI" and then turned around. Basically what happened was, everyone spent most of their time talking to their friends now and back in highschool and no one made any real attempts to talk to people that were just aqaintences or in those "other groups" except my friends and I. We only had 115 people in my class. Perhaps the 10 year reunion will be different. Of course all my best friends will be there whom I see every weekend anyways plus around 20 others who I still see from time to time at bars and clubs around town. Its the other 70 people that might be unsocial still. I spent most of the 5 year reunion trying to talk to these other people and had very mixed results. I'll probably go to my 10 year reunion though, but I just hope it does not turn into the 5 year reunion where people just spent the night talking to only their best friends. I see my best friends every week so from my perspective its about talking to those people you have not seen in years.

Your situation is very different since you do not talk to anyone from highschool anymore at all. If you go, be prepared for anything and hope that most have grown up at least a little. There will also be a few who will attempt to compare and contrast everything you have done to what they have done sort of in an upmanship way. If its a 10 year reunion, the chance of things going well is better, with a five year reunion get ready for a highschool flashback.

No STING2, it's a ten year.

:huh: Five year reunion? I have never even heard of that.

I am still undecided.

I'm only 2 years out of high school, but I think I'd like to go to my reunion just to see how everyone's changed in 10 years. Curiousity can be a powerful thing!

LOL, zonelistener!

Back
Top Bottom